Included tour Dublin

Karry66

Optimistically planning our August cruise and was wondering if we take a...say 9:30 included tour in Dublin, but wish to stay past the time posted for this tour, can we catch the next Tour back to the ship? Thanks

When we were in Dublin this past summer, they had regular shuttles going into town.  You could leave the tour and come back later on one of the shuttles.  You just needed to let you tour guide know that you were coming back on a later shuttle.

Jim

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/22/2020 at 9:59 AM, kcpvwill said:

Dublin has a good hop on hop off open top bus which takes in the major sites, and the centre is easily walkable.  

Hi - FYI

I read that Dublin has heavy traffic. We took a HOHO in London where traffic was heavy. We were so delayed that we got off and took the underground

Pls let me know if you have information that is better than mine because I love taking HOHOs

Thanks 

1 hour ago, travelnn said:

Hi - FYI

I read that Dublin has heavy traffic. We took a HOHO in London where traffic was heavy. We were so delayed that we got off and took the underground

Pls let me know if you have information that is better than mine because I love taking HOHOs

Thanks 

We did one of the 3 HoHo options in Dublin in 2014 and in 2015, did our own walkabout visiting the Guinness factory and a few pubs. We found traffic to be no different than most big cities, but certainly nothing like London.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, travelnn said:

Hi - FYI

Thanks 

We had the same experience in London with hoho tours and ending up getting off before the 1st attraction and getting on the underground.  Great thing about London underground was the Oyster card. It saved us a ton of money. What you don't use at the end of the day you get back through the oyster vending machines. Very easy to use.

Also, in researching for our trip last March, which did not happen, I found a lot of reviews about the hoho tours in Madrid. Same problem, very heavy traffic and not being able to get to attractions, or even find a bus to hop on.

Dublin is an amazing city. So much to do in a small area. Several cool things we did while there: a pub crawl, a historical walking tour with a PhD student from Trinity College, and a literary pub crawl. So much fun.