Questions about future cruise credit

dawnrae

“FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses”

This quote is from the fine print about FCC that I pulled from another thread. Does anyone know if Carnival is flexible with this? Taxes, fees etc. for our upcoming cruise were over $1000. I realize that will get added to the FCC if the cruise is cancelled, however that's a pretty big hit if we can't use it towards rebooking the cruise. 

6 hours ago, spacement said:

“FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses”

This quote is from the fine print about FCC that I pulled from another thread. Does anyone know if Carnival is flexible with this? Taxes, fees etc. for our upcoming cruise were over $1000. I realize that will get added to the FCC if the cruise is cancelled, however that's a pretty big hit if we can't use it towards rebooking the cruise. 

Your FCC will be based on your cruise rate only.

Taxes, fees, etc. are refundable items.

When I rebooked my pvp applied the FCC immediately and told me to watch for a second e-mail in a couple of days showing all refundable charges had been applied in a separate transaction.

Everything I had paid, with the exception of an excursion, was within two days applied to the new booking.

Excursions and Fun Shop purchases are actually refunded in the form of original payment.  I haven't received that yet but I'm sure it will show up someday.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 1

So I applied for the FCC and OBC on my cruise that was canceled today.  I found another cruise for late July.  I paid the deposit on the cruise and the rest should be covered by my FCC.  Do I have to wait for Carnival to send me some sort of Email saying my FCC and OBC is ready?  I see there is a place to apply your FCC to a new reservation.  Should i wait to recieve something from them before I fill out that portion?

Edited by tennboy1981

4 hours ago, coevan said:

can you please explain this? Our balcony with taxes and port charges were a little over $1000

10 day Alaska cruise with 4 in the cabin. Is that what you were asking to explain?  It sounds like from another post that these charges will be refunded instead of applied to FCC. If I read that correctly. 

21 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Your FCC will be based on your cruise rate only.

Taxes, fees, etc. are refundable items.

When I rebooked my pvp applied the FCC immediately and told me to watch for a second e-mail in a couple of days showing all refundable charges had been applied in a separate transaction.

Does this mean that your FCC was applied to the balance of your new cruise amount as the first transaction and then any refundable amounts/charges were applied to the new booking as a second transaction?  Or were your refundable amounts sent back to your credit card?  Thank you!

Bella, one phone call, two separate transactions from cancelled cruise to newly booked cruise, totally internal to Carnival.  I got two separate e-mails confirming them.

The only thing coming to me is refunding of a shore excursion.  Fun Shop purchases would also be refunded directly to the cruiser.

My pvp made it easy.  I had itemized all expenses I had paid, cruise fare, port fees, pre-paid grats, insurance, excursion.  It was all accounted for.

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

Bella, one phone call, two separate transactions from cancelled cruise to newly booked cruise, totally internal to Carnival.  I got two separate e-mails confirming them.

The only thing coming to me is refunding of a shore excursion.  Fun Shop purchases would also be refunded directly to the cruiser.

My pvp made it easy.  I had itemized all expenses I had paid, cruise fare, port fees, pre-paid grats, insurance, excursion.  It was all accounted for.

Thank you