Extended Cancellation Date Question

I know it probably won't happen, but play the game:

I have a June 28th cruise scheduled with a final payment date of April 14th.  I of course got the "no cancellation penalty" email, which means I now have to May 27th.   Or do I??   I'm confused about whether I need to pay off my cruise by April 14th as originally planned, then if needed can cancel as late as May 27th with any cancellation fees given back to me as FCC, or do I have a new Final Payment Date of May 27th, meaning I can hold on to my money till then???

We are 2 couples in adjoining cabins and see it both ways!!!   I have already made my final payment, he says he is waiting to mid-May!!   Our TA is unsure (a whole other story)!!!

Appreciate any thoughts.  Even better would be hearing from someone whose cruise has not yet been cancelled, but is past or near their Final Payment Date.   What did you do???

I'm booked on Panorama for June 27th. Final payment was 3/30 and I have until May 30ish to cancel, so I'm in your same boat.

Your final payment date remains the same 4/14. You have until 5/27 to cancel and get FCC. Normally you would have a penalty to cancel after final payment and lose the penalty amount all together (30 days out is 50% then 75 then 100 as time goes on). Under the new cancellation guidelines, your cancellation fee basically is converted to a FCC so instead of you just losing the money all together, you have a FCC credit for the full amount you've paid.

If your friend cancels prior to final payment date, OR does NOT PAY the final amount owed by the final payment date 4/14, they will incur the normal cancellation fees which is usually any non refundable deposit amount.

FCC, OBC all that is being offered right now only applies to paid in full cruises. The normal rules still apply prior to final payment.

Oh yeah and find another travel agent 🙂

2 minutes ago, Smooth sailor77228 said:

Oh yeah and find another travel agent 🙂

It was the daughter of a friend, but it's not happening again!!!

Thanks for your insight, it's what I was thinking.   But I do see how he could see it otherwise