Carnival called me!

lindya

7 hours ago, bmwsav44 said:

My October cruise hasn't been cancelled yet but I have a couple of questions for anyone that knows the answers.

If my cruise is cancelled by Carnival and I choose a refund, will I also be refunded the cost of Carnivals Insurance?

If my cruise is canceled by Carnival and my initial payment was made with a Carnival Gift Card, will I receive a refund check or just another gift card?

Thanks for any insight from another that has already experienced these issues.

I got the entire amount back. I had multiple charges for two staterooms, where I made purchases on different dates (initial full payment for staterooms, FTTF on a later date, Funshop purchases on yet another date). My refunds were exactly what was charged on my credit cards (used two cards) on the dates of purchase. I didn't know what to expect because I had heard they would not refund the cost of the insurance. That was not true in my case. I got it all back. 

• Like 1

We had a European (Venice to Barcelona) Sept 2020 cruise on the Legend canceled by Carnival canceled.  It was booked through Costco Travel.  I contacted them about a week after Carnival canceled the cruise.  They stated that we had two options.  1.  Full refund of money paid, 2.  Full credit + $600 OBC for a future cruise.  We chose the second option.  

I have had two calls from a Carnival PVP offering to help me rebook to another cruise.

I only wish Delta Airlines Vacations was as eager to help us with the rebooking for the canceled trip.