Carnival called me!

lindya

19 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

Would be nice if they were utilizing their employees to process our refunds instead of calling people for no good reason trying to get them to switch from a refund to a fcc.  They say they're short staffed and overloaded with refunds to Process and that's why no one is getting their refunds. Seems to me they don't want to refund people and are trying to hoard every bit of cash they can.  I understand the business mindset behind this train of thought but Carnival Isn't the only people in the world that need their money at the moment.

Agreed, agreed and agreed!  To compound things, they offered those multi-BILLION dollar new bond issuances at 12%???  Who offers 12% in a zero-rate environment?  I am truly worried about my CCL stock, which is tens of thousands more than the cost of our cruise, and from the bond offering it seems CCL BOD is too.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just curious did you book directly with Carnival or a travel agent? Want to set realistic expectations for my daughter after their Radiance July cruise was cancelled. 

Thanks

I always and only book by clicking on "My VIFP Offers" at carnival.com.  

I got the call for the May 1 SF cruise they cancelled.

Guy was super-nice.  Just asked if I wanted the FCC or a refund.  I took the refund since they've cancelled the remainder of 2020 sailings out of SF.  No pressure to go with FCC.

He warned, "Normally refunds are processed in 7-10 business days, but it's a bit crazy right now so you expect it to take longer."

• Like 1

I also received a call from a PVP a couple of days ago and was happy because now I have his contact information and another alternative for Carnival bookings. I simply informed him that we did not know what we wanted to do yet, but short of my husband losing his job (which is not being spoken of yet), we plan to sail- just not in the immediate future. Where from and to are decisions we still need to make. He was very understanding- no pressure. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, mk-ultra said:

I got the call for the May 1 SF cruise they cancelled.

Guy was super-nice.  Just asked if I wanted the FCC or a refund.  I took the refund since they've cancelled the remainder of 2020 sailings out of SF.  No pressure to go with FCC.

He warned, "Normally refunds are processed in 7-10 business days, but it's a bit crazy right now so you expect it to take longer."

No cruises for 2020 out of SF? Do they not cruise past a certain month? Worried about my December cruise out of Galveston.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:32 AM, Wanna_Cruize said:

Thanks for that. I had sent in the form linked to the cancellation email I got, and marked it for FCC/OBO. However, in my cruise manager the cruise is still appearing for April 11th. I was thinking about clicking on the Cancel button but was nervous because it's still saying $1300 penalty will be assessed. 

I spoke with my PVP yesterday- and I can no longer access my information on the website. When I try to login it says the page is currently under maintenance- is this specific to me while they update my booking or is this showing with everyone? I canceled my June 2020 Radiance that has technically been canceled by Carnival,  and rebooked a 2021. I had to pay $50 of a $250  deposit to secure the cruise. He said the $500 “cancellation” fee will transfer within the next few days, but they can’t transfer the rest (I was paid in full), because I paid with PayPal and apparently they can’t do that. That said, they have to refund me the remaining balance after the $500 cancellation fee- which I can then use to re-apply on the new booking. SUCH a pain. He also told me that while he had no real idea or guarantee, he thought maybe a week. I won’t hold my breath for that and honestly believe it could be weeks/months. I’m mostly curious about not being able to access my account. 

1 hour ago, Ellusionz said:

No cruises for 2020 out of SF? Do they not cruise past a certain month? Worried about my December cruise out of Galveston.

Na.  This part is SF specific.  We only have one Carnival ship (Miracle) that operates of of SF.  They've cancelled the rest of the Miracle sailings out of San Francisco for 2020.  Other ports and ships are going to have different impacts.

Edited by mk-ultra

On 4/3/2020 at 12:51 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

RE:Booking#xxxxxDear Guest/Travel Partner,Wearesorrythatyourreservationhascancelled.Ifyourcancellationoccurredduringpenaltyperiodtheamountwillbe listed below:BookingRef:C28WM5CARNIVAL RADIANCE04/29/2020Guest NamesCancellation DatePenalty AssessedJEFF VON REICHENBACHTBA VON REICHENBACHTBA VON REICHENBACH03/21/202003/21/202003/21/2020USD 0.00USD 411.50USD 219.00Arefundofthegovernmentfeesandtaxeswillbeprocessedtotheoriginalformofpaymentwithin10-14business days.We hope you will once again consider Carnival when making future vacation plans.Sincerely,Carnival Cruise LineRE:Booking#:xxxxxxxx

Dear Guest/Travel Partner,Wearesorrythatyourreservationhascancelled.Ifyourcancellationoccurredduringpenaltyperiodtheamountwillbe listed below:

BookingRef:xxxxxxxCARNIVAL RADIANCE04/29/2020

Guest NamesCancellation DatePenalty Assessed

xxxxxxx 03/19/2020 0.00 USD

xxxxxxx 03/19/2020 411.50 USD

xxxxxxx 03/19/2020 219.00 USD

Arefundofthegovernmentfeesandtaxeswillbeprocessedtotheoriginalformofpayment We hope youwillagain consider Carnival when making future vacation plans.Sincerely,Carnival Cruise Line

I got a similar email today. I called to ask why I had penalties and they said they had been waived and I was getting a full refund. I don’t know why it’s so hard to get a correct confirmation. 

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

mbarker10, are you sure you want to advertise your personal info here for everyone to see? Lots of up to no good and  ID theft type criminals surfing on the internet. Just sayin'.

oh gosh, I didn't see the address was listed. Thanks for the heads up!

4 hours ago, mbarker10 said:

Ok, why do I not have the option to edit or delete?

You can edit (and maybe delete) a post for about 15 minutes after your post is "published".  After that it is set in stone.

Contact a Mod to have it altered.  Or "flag" it using the "report post" tag in the upper right of the actual post (I'm using desktop browser, may be different on mobile device).

EDIT: and "Report post" is in a faint font for me, barely visible until I roll over it with the mouse.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

Still no refund.  When I get someone live they say they honestly have no idea how long refunds will take.  I told them I have something in writing promising 7-10 days and the reply was "word is they can take up to 90 days"... I think Carnival is hoarding cash to try to prevent bankruptcy.  Who in their right mind would issue billions in 12% bonds in today's zero-interest rate market, when their Price-to-Book ratio is under 1.  Something doesn't smell right at Carnival.  I want my refund!

5 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Still no refund.  When I get someone live they say they honestly have no idea how long refunds will take.  I told them I have something in writing promising 7-10 days and the reply was "word is they can take up to 90 days"... I think Carnival is hoarding cash to try to prevent bankruptcy.  Who in their right mind would issue billions in 12% bonds in today's zero-interest rate market, when their Price-to-Book ratio is under 1.  Something doesn't smell right at Carnival.  I want my refund!

I would not expect a refund anytime soon. We recently cancelled a Princess cruise for July with a refundable deposit. The TA said they are still working on March refunds, so don't expect the refund anytime soon. Luckily, we have only a very small amount of money tied up with them.

My PVP called about a week ago.  I had not used the form sent to me to choose either option #1 or #2.  When she called, I told her I had been really sick, and I didn't even want to "think" of cruising right now, but I knew we all want to eventually.  I told her I wanted the FCC (full cruise credit) back on my credit card, as I had paid for all 4 rooms.  My question if anyone on here knows.  When/if it does come on the credit card, will the full amount for the cruise for each room be listed, or will the taxes, fees, etc. be separate on the credit card?

26 minutes ago, beshears said:

My PVP called about a week ago.  I had not used the form sent to me to choose either option #1 or #2.  When she called, I told her I had been really sick, and I didn't even want to "think" of cruising right now, but I knew we all want to eventually.  I told her I wanted the FCC (full cruise credit) back on my credit card, as I had paid for all 4 rooms.  My question if anyone on here knows.  When/if it does come on the credit card, will the full amount for the cruise for each room be listed, or will the taxes, fees, etc. be separate on the credit card?

This is not an answer to your question (because I don't know) but when Carnival refers to FCC - that's Future Cruise Credit, not a refund back to your credit card.  We're waiting for our refund as well and I don't know if it will be broken out in smaller amounts (taxes, fees, insurance, shore tours, etc.) or a lump sum amount.

My PVP called about my cancelled cruise from Ny. Took my 100 dollar deposit on that cruise and moved it to my Jan Cruise with a 600 dollar obc. It has already gone thru and I have the booking,

• 3 weeks later...

Really makes a person "wonder," "if" these refunds that are to go back to the credit card, are being processed.  I just know it was to be 90 days or more, so I'll just wait!

My October cruise hasn't been cancelled yet but I have a couple of questions for anyone that knows the answers.

If my cruise is cancelled by Carnival and I choose a refund, will I also be refunded the cost of Carnivals Insurance?

If my cruise is canceled by Carnival and my initial payment was made with a Carnival Gift Card, will I receive a refund check or just another gift card?

Thanks for any insight from another that has already experienced these issues.

14 hours ago, beshears said:

Yes, it really makes you wonder, doesn't it???

What actually makes me wonder is why people think it should be so quick, 1.6 million changes and cancels.  They have to investigate all things tied to the cruise, excursion purchases, credits applied, different types of cards used, whether these cards have changed during the process, whether air is included, etc, etc.  It probably takes 20 minutes per cancel.