What Is The Standard Procedure For Gratutity

6starrs

HI EVERYONE COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE GRATUITY PROCEDURE TO ME. IS IT AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO MY SEAPASS?. CAN I HAVE IT REMOVED AND LEAVE MY TIPS IN THE ENVELOPE UNDER THE DOOR. HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING THIS. IS IT MANDATORY FOR THE CRUISE LINE TO ADD THIS TO YOUR ACCOUNT. I FEEL TIPPING IS A PERSONAL ISSUE AND I WANT TO REWARD TO WHO HAS GIVEN THE SERVICE. RCL CUSTOMER SERVICE TELLS ME THAT THIS IS MANATORY AND I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM MY SEA PASS. I HAVE NEVER CRUISED BEFORE SO I NEED SOME HELP. I AM AFRAID THAT THE GRAT THAT IS ADDED DOESN'T GO TOTALLY TO MY CABIN STEWART/WAITER ECT... THEY ARE ALL POOLED TOGETHER. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP:) :D :eek:

From RCI website:

What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

Added to your onboard SeaPass account.

Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

6Starrs, we usually leave our gratuities on our SeaPass (we get 1% back on our credit card) and then add extra for what we consider to be great service. The last cruise, thanks to a hint given here on CC, I gave the people I tipped their extra $$ in a thank you note. They seemed to appreciate the little added thought.

On the next to the last night, you will be given either a voucher in an envelope, or an empty envelope. You can have the $$ removed from your SeaPass and then give all the tip to them in the provided envelope.

You will be surprised at how hard these people work for our tips! They are amazing.

Have a great cruise!

If you pay your tips in cash at the end of the cruise, do you personally have to go around to each person and hand the envelopes to them or do you leave them somewhere?

It is better to hand them directly to the person they are intended for, otherwise they may not make it to that person. But it isn't that hard to do. When you go to dinner you hand it to your waiter, assistant waiter, and headwaiter when they come around. When you see your stateroom attendant on the last day, you hand him his envelope then.

Archived