FCC and Cancelling cruises

1019throw

Sorry if this has been asked; please direct me elsewhere is it has.

We had an April cruise that was cancelled, which we took the FCC offer. We booked a November 2020 cruise before the formal Carnival cancellations came out, just so we had something booked and we got a great deal at the time. We are now having second thoughts, and in my personal opinion, I'm not sure we'll see mass gatherings (cruises, concerts, sporting events, etc) this full year -- who knows, that's my opinion.

With that said, today Carnival automatically took my previous payments and FCC and applied it to that November booking. We had thoughts about cancelling that cruise and moving it to Spring 2021.

1. Will carnival move that FCC and other payments to a different cruise?
  2. If I cancel the November cruise, will the $250 Early Saver deposit be available to also move as a FCC to that same cruise?

6 hours ago, 1019throw said:

Sorry if this has been asked; please direct me elsewhere is it has.

We had an April cruise that was cancelled, which we took the FCC offer. We booked a November 2020 cruise before the formal Carnival cancellations came out, just so we had something booked and we got a great deal at the time. We are now having second thoughts, and in my personal opinion, I'm not sure we'll see mass gatherings (cruises, concerts, sporting events, etc) this full year -- who knows, that's my opinion.

With that said, today Carnival automatically took my previous payments and FCC and applied it to that November booking. We had thoughts about cancelling that cruise and moving it to Spring 2021.

1. Will carnival move that FCC and other payments to a different cruise?
  2. If I cancel the November cruise, will the $250 Early Saver deposit be available to also move as a FCC to that same cruise?

Look on your November booking for the penalty amount .Normally under booking details at the bottom of page  They may hold you to that penalty if you cancel and don’t have a special offer from them to do so.  Since you are that far out , if is probably only the $250 early saver deposit . The rest should be eligible to transfer .