Who's your favorite crew member(s)?

Dori Saltzman

Do you have a favorite Viking crew member? Someone you'd want to hear from or send a message of hope to? Do you have a favorite crew member memory you'd like to share? We'd love to hear your stories!

We have had wonderful experiences on all of our cruises ... people are really where Viking's strength lies!    One of our all time favorite crew members was Alvin ... a waiter on a river cruise.  It was the last cruise of the season and Alvin was wonderful!  We sat in his section every day and got to know him well.  His family was waiting to celebrate Christmas with him after he returned home. During dinner on the last night of the cruise we slipped him an envelope with a note expressing our gratitude for his wonderful service and a generous tip.  The next morning as we grabbed a quick breakfast before our departure he came up to us and gave us a big hug ... he said that he loved our note and the tip would allow him to buy his young son the special sneakers he had been asking for!  It was a lovely moment and certainly drove home the importance of acknowledging special service!

Ours is a little different...We can't single out one individual but the whole crew!  During last year's Viking Sky evacuation situation, they all stepped up helping us, cheering us up, looking after us.   Professional in every way as they labored through a 36 hour day.  Enough nice things can't be said about them!!  Johneb

• Like 1

Our experience is unique, not only have we shared the ship with this wonderful crew for about 100 days, but we are also sharing the ship with them - we have crew members dine with us every evening, we share the Star Theatre for films or shows, we share the pools, so we know many of the crew very well.

They all have individual strengths, so for me it is impossible to single out any particular crew member, as they all excel in some area.

• Like 5

This is a wonderful topic to start & will be interesting to read what others share. First let say that I don't believe there is one favorite crew member, as each person is unique in their own way. Both of my Viking Ocean sailings were TA,s aboard Viking Sky three months apart, December 2019 & March 2020. To my great delight many of the crew were the same. To be warmly greeted by Giovanni(Guest Relations Manager) rushing up to me & giving me a hug, "Welcome back Mr. Smith!", pier side at check in was a phrase I heard repeatedly during my second sailing. At every turn I was treated like family or royalty. I almost got the impression that I owned the ship but the truth is that this is the standard of most of the crew. Everyone is treated equal on this line. So here is my Viking Sky All Star - Most Outstanding in no particular order :

Rose - The Restaurant 

Deny - The Restaurant 

Thandeka - The Restaurant 

Ariel - The Restaurant

Yuri - The Restaurant 

Praveen - The Restaurant 

Giovanni - Guest Relations Manager 

Sasha - Bar Service 

These people put their heart & soul into their work & are responsible for creating lifetime memories of wonderful times at sea. As such, I'm a big believer in writing thank you letters of commendation to the Hotel General Manager & Tellus@Viking.com. so these employees can be recognized & rewarded by management. 

With conditions as they are in the world & cruise industry itself, the entire Viking organization is in my thoughts and prayers, most particularly for the onboard crew.

20200316_211009.jpg

20200316_211254.jpg

20200316_210922.jpg

20200316_213935.jpg

20191226_013258.jpg

20191225_132844.jpg

20200407_111824.jpg

20200316_125707.jpg

• Like 1