All cruises cancelled through the end of June 2020

zelker

Just received an email from our TA with this very welcome news!!

SEABOURN EXTENDS PAUSE TO GLOBAL SHIP OPERATIONS THROUGH JUNE 30, 2020

SEATTLE, April 14, 2020 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, announced today that it will extend the voluntarily pause of global operations for its five cruise ships to voyages scheduled to depart through June 30, 2020.

The brand had previously announced a pause in its global ship operations from March 14 - May 14, 2020, effectively cancelling all voyages scheduled to operate during that timeframe. The decision is a proactive response to the unpredictable circumstances evolving from the global response to the COVID-19 situation.   

Seabourn will be communicating changes for voyages scheduled to depart in the extension window with all booked guests and their travel advisors.

Seabourn guests on impacted voyages will receive a 125% refund on monies received in the form of a future cruise credit, which must be booked by Dec. 30, 2020 but can be applied toward any future cruise through December 31, 2021. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% future cruise credit, a 100% refund of the monies paid to Seabourn will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.

Guests and their travel advisors will be sent details on how to manage cancellations and desired compensation online. Seabourn asks guests and travel advisors to use the online resources available first rather than calling the Reservation Call Center for information about the cancellations due to the possibility of high call volumes and the potential of long on-hold wait times.  

Thanks, Zelker, for posting this update. Indeed, I got the email from Seabourn, which officially scrubbed our Alaska cruise. In my view, "better late than never", as SB should have done this sooner rather than leave people in limbo for so long for cruises which for weeks if not longer had no chance at all of sailing. But, done is done.

As for me, I will select the 100% refund rather than the enhanced FCC. While my wife and I do hope to cruise again, that day may be farther away than we like to contemplate (until a vaccine or at least a viable treatment emerges, and the ships are better able to handle such issues per the recent CDC directive). Given the financial uncertainty over so many businesses these days, I would prefer to conserve my cash at present. At least folks with bookings now have a choice to make, as they deem fit for their own circumstances.

Let us hope that this scourge of a virus soon subsides, without causing more pain and difficulties as suffered by so many. 

• Like 1

Hi Ka Honu; right now, that 2021 cruise pricing I suspect is akin to the MSRP for buying a car--in other words, a starting point only, but certainly not the final "real" price. On other threads I have expressed doubt that cruising will so quickly bounce back. Happy to be proven wrong in due time...but I suspect there will be deals galore. If not on Seabourn, then on comparable luxury cruise lines, of which there are several.

Main thing is to be well, and to for now "cruise in situ", until better times return.  

I just checked the fare history of the canceled trip and realized that its price started at the same higher level and, over the course of the year we were booked, dropped to about half that. Hopefully history will repeat itself in this instance. 

23 hours ago, Ka Honu said:

The worst part is that the same r/t Reykjavik cruise they just canceled shows on the website for double the price in 2021. We're bummed.

I took the FCC and found my same cruise in 2021. The fare is about $1,000 more per person. I need to see if the bumps are the same.