Queen Victoria

jonmar

Just call your travel agent or Cunard.

But there may be a waiting list as they started taking deposits for this voyage three, maybe four years ago!

Good Luck, Colin.

Do a search on the boards because I think this has come up before.

If I remember correctly, Cunard are taking deposits for it although they are giving any gaurantee of what, where or when the maiden voyage will be. If it ends up being a date or place you cannot do, Cunard do not sound as they are offerring refunds of the deposit.

Add to this, the fact that Cunard are in no hurry to get a Queen Victoria into service; it might not even happen until when QE2 leaves service between 2007 and 2010. (The current problems with QM2 will probably not have them rushing to increase capacity in the next year either).

Myself, I wouldn't give my money to Cunard until they announce a date for the voyage, it will not fill up before you have had a chance to book.

Be sure you want to do a maiden voyage, they are notorious for problems and delays. Poor food and service because the crew do not know where anything is or how anything works. I am sure you are aware of these problems. It often takes a couple of months to get all these things sorted out.

it might not even happen until when QE2 leaves service between 2007 and 2010.

Jon, do you think QE2 will do another world cruise after the 2007 Silver Jubilee 25th cruise? I love the QE2 and dread the day when she will be withdrawn from service. Any speculation on when she will be withhdrawn will be appreciated. I know Cunard have said that she is good to go until 2010.

Best,

Bobby

Jon, do you think QE2 will do another world cruise after the 2007 Silver Jubilee 25th cruise? I love the QE2 and dread the day when she will be withdrawn from service. Any speculation on when she will be withhdrawn will be appreciated. I know Cunard have said that she is good to go until 2010.

Best,

Bobby

I too rue the QE2 leaves us.

I am also concerned with what will happen after, think of what has happened to SS-Norway and the others, add to that the Queen Mary situation in Longbeach. Things are looking good for for SS-Rotterdam at least.

I do not think anyone knows what will happen to the QE2. The chances are, that if she does not need any major work done, she will keep sailing until 2010. If something big breaks, it might hasten her end. There are lots of romours and speculation, nothing you can depend on as true. (There are many issues and I am sure the Carnival board changes the strategy for the ship about once a month but keep it very closely under wraps, I know how these things work). What the press and PR depts say can not be taken as true in any way, these guys do not know what is being planned at the top level.

We can be sure that Cunard will cash in big time when it is her final season, although history has shown recently that cruise lines quietly get rid of unwanted capacity. There is surely no way QE2 could go quietly, so they as well make the most of it!

I haven't been on this board, faithfully, for over a year for a variety of reasons. But, I had noticed during my visits to the Cunard web site that their listing for the Queen Victoria as a part of the Cunard fleet had been removed. Does this mean a change of mind?

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that she was already under construction? On another note, was the Caronia sold and pulled from service?

As you can see, I have not been following these matters!

• 2 weeks later...

I had put a deposit on a cabin for the QV in December 2004. Cunard called me 3 nights ago to inquire if I was interested in booking a voyage for, I believe, either December 12 or the 22. I can't recall the destination of the first trip but the second was definitely to the Canary Islands. I am assuming that both originated in South Hampton. Not being interested in an inaugural voyage I passed. Cunard offered to transfer my deposit to a booking in November or December 2008.

either December 12 or the 22.

December 11: Southampton-Amsterdam-Copenhagen-Oslo-Hamburg-Bruges-Southampton arr Dec 21

December 21: Southampton-Vigo-Lisbon-Malaga-Funchal-Gran Canaria-Lanzarote-Tenerife-Casablanca-Gibraltar-Southampton arr Jan 6. Both Christmas & New Year's Day spent at sea.

Peter

I spoke to Cunard today. I have said this elsewhere, so sorry if I'm repeating myself!

Those who have paid a deposit get priority over everyone.

Then Platinum World Club members get a bite at the remaining cabins.

Then Gold World Club members get a bite at the remaining cabins.

They seem to think that anyone else is highly unlikely to get a cabin.

Both Maiden Voyages (both? How can you have more than one??) are round trips from Southampton.

You would think .. after all the negative feedbackof maiden voyages (any line)..people would learn.

Especially when it it a totally new design for crew members.

In any event, our Cunard rep was in today. Open bookings for the QV start shortly. Sorry.. I left all the info in the office. Was either Feb 28 or Mar 4.

Maiden voyages are great for the chronic complainers. These voyages frequently provide plenty of material for ranting and venting, and, for once, it's legitimate.

What on earth is Cunard thinking, scheduling a voyage in the North Sea in December??? And the maiden voyage, at that. Talk about a crap shoot with the weather. The North Sea can be vicious with high winds, heavy seas, snow and sleet as well as being very cold at that time of year. In my not so humble opinion it is just plain DUMB!!! Maybe Cunard is sneakily planning for a cancellation.

Archived