Cancellation Form

Methos5

I just completed the cancellation form to select my compensation option. I filled the form as requested selecting “guest” in the guest details section, and selecting Option #2, Cancel (Lower Value).

After filling in the remaining information I pressed “Submit” and received a warning message screen that reminded me I was passing up on the 25% benefit that I would have received had I chosen the Option #1 Postpone (Higher value) option. I accepted that and then received a system response that said “Your preference has been successfully submitted”. 

Upon returning to the completed form in order to print it, I noticed that all the cruise specific information i.e. my name, booking number, sail date etc. was reflected as entered, but the option selection and guest details boxes were all blank.

Does anyone know how to confirm the proper recording of the option selection without contacting Seabourn directly?  From what I have read here it sounds like that could be an exercise in frustration.

I received a similar letter in March. I opted for cash refund also.  My letter states

that if I didn't make a selection by April 1 my money would be refunded.  I think you

are ok but I haven't received anything yet.

1 hour ago, VegasDave said:

I received a similar letter in March. I opted for cash refund also.  My letter states

that if I didn't make a selection by April 1 my money would be refunded.  I think you

are ok but I haven't received anything yet.

However this time the letter states that if you haven't made a selection by June 1 you will have been deemed to have elected a 125% FCC.

2 hours ago, VegasDave said:

I received a similar letter in March. I opted for cash refund also

1 hour ago, Laylam said:

However this time the letter states that if you haven't made a selection by June 1 you will have been deemed to have elected a 125% FCC.

Have you both booked directly with SB or your TA?

If the latter, shouldn’t that letter come from your TA and not SB and shouldn’t your TA be taking care of all that with your direction.

I was informed of my cruise cancellation (Oceania) by my TA and I instructed her which option I wanted - never communicated with Oceania directly.

Edited by Paulchili

17 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Have you both booked directly with SB or your TA?

If the latter, shouldn’t that letter come from your TA and not SB and shouldn’t your TA be taking care of all that with your direction.

I was informed of my cruise cancellation (Oceania) by my TA and I instructed her which option I wanted - never communicated with Oceania directly.

I booked with a TA and he has submitted our request for a refund.  The letter outlining the terms and conditions was sent by Seabourn President, Richard Meadows and received March 15..