Sapphire Beach

l2f

Hello.  I did a search and really didn't come up with anything.  I read recently on one of the cruiseline pages here on CC that there has been a person wearing a security shirt walking up/down the beach blowing a whistle for people to get away from the coral.  Now not debating people shouldn't be touching the coral.  But I imagine hearing a whistle been blown all day would kind of ruin the day for people hoping for a quiet day.

The last time we were in STT was 2015.  We are considering going for our next cruise.  Is this still going on?  Or is there more to the story than a little blurb I saw on another thread on another topic?  There was no reference to when this happened.  I know when we were there in 2015, we didn't experience any whistle being blown.

Thanks

L2F

First, the reef is at the side of the beach and most people are in the middle of the sandy beach near the bar and grill. Anyone there would not here any whistles. 
But most importantly is the need to protect the coral reef. If you walk, stand or even touch coral you kill it. Many people are not aware of that or don’t recognize the difference between a rock and coral. 
if anyone sees someone standing, waking or touching coral they need to get the person off the reef  If one of the security guards sees it happening he will yell or if they have a whistle ( only one does) use it. If I or an other owner sees it we yell and wave people off the reef. 
I don’t think people deliberately mean to destroy what brought them here in the first place, they just don’t know any better.

if preserving the reef results in some minor noise that would spoil your day then I suggest you go to someplace with a pool. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beautifulbill said:

But most importantly is the need to protect the coral reef. If you walk, stand or even touch coral you kill it. Many people are not aware of that or don’t recognize the difference between a rock and coral. 

I don’t think people deliberately mean to destroy what brought them here in the first place, they just don’t know any better.

We are in total agreement with preserving the coral.  The thread we read made it sound like whistles were just blowing all day.  We were just trying to seen if anything had changed since the last time we were in STT 5 years ago. Which sounds like it has not.

Thanks for replying.

L2F

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...