HELP! How obstructed is the view on a Cat 7A on the Legend?

richard1226

We booked a GTY 7A through Carnival with the highhopes of getting upgraded. Our confirmation arrived today with a cabin assignment---lifeboats right below our balcony. As anyone ever had a similar cabin? Good or bad? Any feedback would be welcome. Of course Carnival says the obstruction in minimal. Thanks in advance.

Make the decision for yourself. I had one last year and you can find the pics by clicking my link below.

See my past cruise pics here:
[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/mohavemommy"]mohavemommy's Cruise Pics[/url]

__ /7__/7__/7____
\:::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE WORLD'S BEST ISLANDS ARE ONES THAT FLOAT AND MOVE. THEY'RE CALLED CRUISE SHIPS."

next cruise ???? hhhmmmmm.....

I hated mine. I had one on the Spirit with one of the large lifeboats right below me. The only way I could see the water when I was seated was by looking through the lifeboat window. If I was standing, I could see the water, but I paid mucho dollars for that balcony and felt that standing was not relaxing. I would never take one of those cabins again. I did not feel breezes, etc. like some people said they felt. (If it was a free upgrade, I would not mind it but I would never pay for it again.)

Judy

[img]http://www.animatedgif.net/animals/wateranimals/trwhalebm_e0.gif[/img]

Fascination 3/97- So. Carib.
Jubilee 8/98- Alaska
Fantasy 5/00- Bahamas
Dawn Princess 4/01- E. Carib.
Paradise 5/01- West Carib.
Spirit 4/02- Trans Pan Canal
Triumph 9/02-New Bruns/Halifax
Nordic Empress 5/4/03-Bermuda
Paradise 9/03-Exotic W. Carib.
Norwegian Sky 11/30 Deep
Southern Carib.
Norwegian Sky 12/7 Exotic
Southern Carib.
Conquest 1/04 Conquestador's
Mariner of the Seas 9/04 (Royal Hounds)
Carnival Miracle 2/05
Carnival Valor 10/05

Thanks Mo! I was under the inpression that the lifeboat would be a bit lower. Oh well! I am not going to let this little setback stop me from having a terrific cruise. I will kick butt when I get back!

Your pics were great! Thanks for sharing.

After you get beyond the first 3-4 lifeboats on each side(which are larger, I think those are used for tendering) the view is much better. In those front cabins the lifeboat comes to railing level, and in the others it only comes to about floor level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too many days since the Legend (10/03)
Looking forward to Victory...6/04!!!

Thanks all! I just earned a MBA and this cruise is a gift from my better half, who wanted everything to be perfect. It was booked last week and was "guaranteed" an upgrade by Carnival reps. It is our 16th Carnival cruise--you think they would give a loyal cruiser an upgrade! Oh well RCCL (which we have been on twice) takes care of past cruisers----there is always the next time!

Hello! We were upgraded to a 7a from a 6a - room 5183 on the Legend - we had one of the smaller lifeboats and it was not a problem at all. Yes - you could not look straight down and see the water but there were so many other places on the ship that you could do that. Unless you plan to spend a LOT of time on your balcony (and if you get a room with a smaller boat) I think you should be in good shape! Here is another tidbit for you - they do work on the boats - so I would keep your balcony doors locked!!!!!! I only saw them on a boat once and it was the one next to our cabin. Just something to keep in mind. I would sail in this cabin again for sure!!! Have a great time!!!

Legend 10/04/03

Legend CTN 10/22/04!!!! Here we come!!

Archived