Carnival Bookings surge. (those who are not finding the august cruises available)

seaman11

But they can make the numbers say anything. For instance they say bookings are up by 600% over the previous 3 days. But if they had only 2 people in the previous 3 days phone to book then 600% increase only puts them at 128 people. That may be a "surge" in their books but not in mine. The can make stats, percentages and figures say anything they want really

• Haha 1

I can see it.  We have cruises booked for August, September and October, which are replacements for three cancelled cruises.  We can’t wait to get back on a ship, even though we know there will be many changes.  I think there will be temperature checks, maybe rapid covid-19 tests, no self serve buffets, electronic muster drill, reservations for shows.  If masks are required, we will either pass or just spend a lot of time relaxing on our balcony.  Change is good, and in this case, probably necessary. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lucywestie said:

But they can make the numbers say anything. For instance they say bookings are up by 600% over the previous 3 days. But if they had only 2 people in the previous 3 days phone to book then 600% increase only puts them at 128 people. That may be a "surge" in their books but not in mine. The can make stats, percentages and figures say anything they want really

they are saying bookings are up from last year this time.