How is FCC amount determined?

E Heffa

Trying to decipher what exactly is meant by:

Your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be reflective of the cruise fare amount paid, less taxes & fees.

If our cruise fare was $5000 but we only paid $3000 due to promotions, do we get 125% of the $5000 or 125% of the $3000?

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, E Heffa said:

Trying to decipher what exactly is meant by:

Your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be reflective of the cruise fare amount paid, less taxes & fees.

If our cruise fare was $5000 but we only paid $3000 due to promotions, do we get 125% of the $5000 or 125% of the $3000?

Thanks in advance. 

The clue is in what you posted 'amount paid' less taxes and fees, so in your example (and using fictitious amounts), if you paid $3000 and $500 of that were taxes and fees, you'd get your $500 T&F back and your FCC  would be 125% of $2500 ($2500 + $500 = $3000).

The 'cruise fare' is what you paid, not the rack rate, which is basically a fictitious amount like the MSRP of qa car.

Edited by Guindalf

7 hours ago, Guindalf said:

The clue is in what you posted 'amount paid' less taxes and fees, so in your example (and using fictitious amounts), if you paid $3000 and $500 of that were taxes and fees, you'd get your $500 T&F back and your FCC  would be 125% of $2500 ($2500 + $500 = $3000).

The 'cruise fare' is what you paid, not the rack rate, which is basically a fictitious amount like the MSRP of qa car.

Thank you for the reply.  I understood that the FCC would not include what we paid in taxes.  When I referred to promotions, I meant the "sail now" savings of $400 that is often advertised.  But if I understand your position, the FCC is only based on what we actually paid, not the "brochure" rate.

Thank you.