Age Groups

MBarb

I am a 21 yr old and I'm going on my first cruise in a couple of weeks, and I have heard and read that Princess Cruises is more of a Family or Older Crowd. I was wondering if anyone for give me some feedback on the environment and age range. I'm young and hoping to have a few nights of partying with some people around my age. I'm traveling on the Princess Star - Western Caribbean.

Thanks

My two daughters are 21 and 24 and will be traveling with us on the Star Princess on 3/19. With that said, I wouldn't worry too much about the demographics on a cruise. Try to enjoy all the passengers, and appreciate what each person brings to the table. I love meeting all sorts of people and have had some great conversations with people who were not my generation, both older and younger!! Besides if you want to play any trivia games, you want people of all ages on your team;)

Princess also usually has a couple of singles mixers onboard, with one late the first evening. Sometimes there are a lot of people who show up and sometimes not, but the cruise director's staff has someone there and you get free drinks. So I suggest going there, at least the first night, and you might meet some people to party with. At least you know you'll get a free drink. :) Look in the Princess Patter for the time and location.

If you're going to the caribbean I'm sure you'll find a younger crowd. If you go to Alaska/less partyish destinations during the non-peak (May/June) season, however, the crowd won't be as young - but it's still very interesting to talk to the "older" passengers!

There are over 2,000 passengers aboard most sailings. The 20-30 age group will be well represented. DW & I are 50ish and our 24 year old daughter will be along on the next cruise. I'm sure she will be looking for people her own age from time-to-time. All of you will find eachother.

Enjoy!

Going to the Caribbean will be a younger crowd than say Alaska, the Med or Europe. I think you'd find the crowd on Princess OK, but I think if you really are into meeting more people your age I would recommend RCCL vs Princess. Based on my experience with both lines I think Princess has a much older average age than RCCL does on most routes. I'm not saying there aren't 20 and 30 year olds on board, cause we typically bring some with us, but to me there are by far more 50 and 60 year olds on a typical Princess cruise.

But like others have said, you are there primarily for the cruise, ports, and food vs who the other 2,200 people are!

think Princess has a much older average age than RCCL does on most routes. I'm not saying there aren't 20 and 30 year olds on board, cause we typically bring some with us, but to me there are by far more 50 and 60 year olds on a typical Princess cruise.

Every cruise is different so don't categorize each cruise line by age groups. We were on the Splendor of the Seas (RCCL) in 2003. We were in our early 50's and if you divided the age groups in half, we were definitely in the younger half. Out of the 10 cruises, I have been on, this RCCL cruise was the oldest age group we have sailed with. Carnival and Princess in my experience have a much younger age group. Yours is different and so is that of the next person. Having said that, we met wonderful people on this RCCL cruise and most were very young at heart.

To the originator of this thread, don't worry...you will find many people your age and will have fun. You can't go on a cruise and not have fun. It's March and Spring Break so most cruises will probably have MORE young people than usual. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Archived