Liberty of the Seas Aug 14th 2020

deanlondon

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone else has cruises booked for this year still or if people were still afraid to travel. I'm a travel agent so of course I'm not slowing down but would like to hear from others and see. 

I've had one booked since before this crisis for spring 2021. I'm keeping it for now but I'm keeping a very close eye on how things develop. I'm definitely not going on a cruise if I have to wear a mask, fitness/gym/pool is closed, or if there is no buffet. I'm also worried about flights (probably more so than the cruise itself). If I book flights now and right before traveling an airline goes out of business, you will miss your whole cruise. Or if the airline with which you're supposed to fly back after the cruise goes out of business while you're on board you might end up stuck buying a really expensive new ticket to get home.

This is also my first time to book a suite so I really would hate to have to reschedule because I got an amazing deal. I usually prefer Carnival as I always feel welcomed by the staff but last year some friends and I went on Symphony of the Seas and it got cut short due to Hurricane Dorian so I didn't get to really enjoy it. I wanted to give Royal Caribbean another chance.