Cancellation/travel Insurance For Canadians

Nikkibird

Has anyone recently purchased travel/cancellation insurance in Canada? I have had quotes from $380 to $700 per couple and had trouble trying to compare the policies. Also, the biggest problem has been that when we put our deposit down on our cruise booking last May, our TA said we didn't need to purchase the insurance until we made the final payment. Well, now most insurance companies I have called say I had to buy the insurance within 48 hours of putting the deposit down :confused:. Can anyone make a suggustion of who is a good one and will they sell it to us now?? Thanks.

I use CSA Travel Protection for my clients. You can purchase it any time, but if you want coverage for supplier default or pre-existing medical conditions, it needs to be purchased within 24 hours of deposit.

Regards,

Enrique

I use CSA Travel Protection for my clients. You can purchase it any time, but if you want coverage for supplier default or pre-existing medical conditions, it needs to be purchased within 24 hours of deposit.

Regards,

Enrique

Sorry, I meant within 24 hours of final payment...

I purchase the non-medical package from RBC. The cost is dependent on the price of your cruise as well as other factors. The insurance is usually purchased when the penalty for cancellation kicks in. A year ago December after making my payments for our Antarctica and the Amazon cruise, my husband fell ill and passed away a few days later. RBC more than met my highest expectations

Fran

Our TA recommend RBC Travel Insurance for us.

We are using this as well.. 350 for the both of us.. I haven't gotten insurance yet for our Oct cruise:eek:

Honestly I have not read the policy.. bad bad.. I will have to do that shortly..:( ( (We have travel medical insurance thru work this is a safe guard!)

Archived