Rebooking vs. Refund.. Cancelled booking with OBC

karma459

I have searched and read topics across the forum, but I am still unsure about the policy, so I thought I'd ask. 

I have $500 OBC as part of a promotion on the Carnival website when I booked early May for a 8/27 Elation sailing which is obviously now cancelled. If I choose to take whatever "rebook" offer instead of going the refund path, I assume I will lose the $500 OBC from the previous booking, and will only have OBC based on whatever promotion may be offered on a new booking (in addition to any OBC provided as part of the rebooking, if offered).

IOW: any OBC given as part of a promotion is only available in that particular booking. If booking is cancelled (or if I voluntarily change my booking), that promotion is null and doesn't carry forward.. do I understand it correctly?

47 minutes ago, karma459 said:

I have searched and read topics across the forum, but I am still unsure about the policy, so I thought I'd ask. 

I have $500 OBC as part of a promotion on the Carnival website when I booked early May for a 8/27 Elation sailing which is obviously now cancelled. If I choose to take whatever "rebook" offer instead of going the refund path, I assume I will lose the $500 OBC from the previous booking, and will only have OBC based on whatever promotion may be offered on a new booking (in addition to any OBC provided as part of the rebooking, if offered).

IOW: any OBC given as part of a promotion is only available in that particular booking. If booking is cancelled (or if I voluntarily change my booking), that promotion is null and doesn't carry forward.. do I understand it correctly?

Correct.  

50 minutes ago, karma459 said:

I too am wondering. I took $100 obc as part of a promotion to book es fare, so it was considered part of the fare. Price dropped $20 but would have lost the obc. If it's part of the fare, seems like it should count for something to rebook. I'm going to ask if it transfers on a rebook. 

Probably doesnt transfer but I could have booked at a lower price so I'm going to ask. Either it's part of the fare or it isnt