HELP....HELP...NEED EXPERT ADVISE.....PRICE DROP AND IDO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!

mpffls

Ok here is the deal....booked w/ carnival for my 8/22 elation cruise....we have always used Best price and never had a problem but this time prices were the same....and there was a possibility of added reservations and the ease of joining them lured me to book direct...oh yes I am in a 1A garentee........

Saw yesterday that carnival was having a big sale today...so I went to the site and not on our ship or sailing...

So I decided to cruise over to best price....they have a HUGE price difference now!!!$200 less than I paid for a 1A......even less than I paid all the way thru a 4E....and a 5Ais $20 more........what do I do...can i call carnival and transfer to best price and get a 5A....or do I call best price first.....

or do I just hold out w/ carnival and see if the upgrade fairy lands..........

HELP>>>>>>>

thanx

trish

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till the ELATION on Margaret's 21st B-day

You booked direct with Carnival correct? Just call them and ask for a price adjustment or canel your existing reservation & re-book.

Sovereign of the Seas (11/89)

Monarch of the Seas (8/99)

Norwegian Sea (7/02)

Carnival Glory (4/17/04)

I think if I were you, I'd try to call Carnival and see what they say. Tell them you saw the price on line at another agency listed as (whatever) and you were hoping for an...(upgrade? ship credit?)

See what they say.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

I agree Call Carnival and tell them the info you found out. If they give you a problem cancel and rebook with your TA from your company. I bet they will do what they can to keep you booked

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

BOSTON6

HALOS

WESWAS..................

OMG.........with not alot of confidence I took your advise...I called carnival.........

THEY UPGRADED ME FROM A 1A................

TO A 5A............no $$$$$$$$............

THANX SO MUCH..........I would have never called!!!!!!

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

i'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong when i call carnival.

i booked direct with carnival. i called them and told them i saw the cruise cheaper somewhere else. they told me to go book with them since they don't price match. what am i doing wrong?

The same thing happened to me when I called Carnival and also cruisesonlybut cruisesonly was really rude...I told them I had a better price from another agency and would they beat it and they actually said no and hung up on me!

Another reputable agency that says they beat all quotes would not even though I emailed the quote to them...they said that that agency where I got the better quote charges all kinds of fees, etc, so they wouldn't match it even though I had used them many times before! So, I decided to not book anything today, as I'm too mad to deal with anyone at this point...It is getting ugly out there!

Fantasy '95

Fantasy '96

Paradise '98

Paradise '99

Grand Princess '02

Grand Princess '03

Pride '03

Paradise '04

Caribbean Princess '04

Thats when you transfer the booking to the lowest agency. But do beware that some agencies charge for canceling. Some do not offer any price reductions once final payment has been made. Be careful and ask questions before you transfer.

What people do need to understand is online agencies will very rarely give you the same price as another online agency. They will meet the price of your cruise line.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

[This message was edited by serene56 on 04-29-04 at 04:13 PM.]

I think that the reason I got such a good deal is that our ship is empty.....for some reason all balconies are sold but for instance the catagory that i was upgraded to had almost no cabins sold.....

I think it is strange that all balconies are sold.........there was only 1 - 11 and 1- 12 then all of a sudden they did a suite gaurantee strange that suites would be the 1st to go...

oh well....I have a window and real beds....life is good!!!!!

trish

puppy_tea_e0.gif

Archived