Average age on one of your expeditions?

Hello, and thanks for doing this Q&A.  Much appreciated.

I've read your responses regarding physical requirements, options to 'choose your own adventure' aligned to your own physical ability, etc.  In looking at various videos on line, the typical Quark passenger appears to be on the younger side.  What is the average age of an Antarctic passenger on a Quark expedition?

• Like 1

I've done 4 Antarctica trips. 3 with Quark. The age range has been really varied - from 10 to 96 !! So it's really hard to predict. I've mostly been on longer trips - 3-4 weeks so they attract a more mature aged group with stragglers that are younger. 
The shorter peninsular trips are more affordable to the 20s 30s crowd. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

I've done 4 Antarctica trips. 3 with Quark. The age range has been really varied - from 10 to 96 !! So it's really hard to predict. I've mostly been on longer trips - 3-4 weeks so they attract a more mature aged group with stragglers that are younger. 

Thanks, that's helpful.  We'd be looking at one of the longer itineraries, and we're definitely not in the 20s-30s crowd! 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:17 AM, PerfectlyPerth said:

@PerfectlyPerth's response is accurate. The age range on our expeditions can be really diverse. On our longer expeditions, you can expect guests in the 45-65+ range. However, we've recently seen an increase in younger travelers to the Polar Regions when compared to our historical data. Throughout your expedition, you'll notice that guests of all ages really come together over their shared passion of traveling and shared experiences in these remote regions. 🙂

8 hours ago, Quark Expeditions said:

@PerfectlyPerth's response is accurate. The age range on our expeditions can be really diverse. On our longer expeditions, you can expect guests in the 45-65+ range. However, we've recently seen an increase in younger travelers to the Polar Regions when compared to our historical data. Throughout your expedition, you'll notice that guests of all ages really come together over their shared passion of traveling and shared experiences in these remote regions. 🙂

Thanks for the additional confirmation.  We'll be looking at 2022, to give things time to settle down, and at that point we'll be just into the 60s.  So it sounds like that's completely within the range.

• Like 1