we did it- upgraded to AE on the Sun!

sr5242

well, after reading these boards and thinking about it nonstop for the past month or so, dh and I took the plunge and upgraded from BC to AE 1001 for the new yr's cruise on the sun. my parents upgraded from BC to BA 1002 next door. This way they will be able to pop over to babysit :)

Hope it's worth it- I know aft are more desireable, but I feel lucky to have found these 2 connecting cabins so we can all be together! of course, the problem will come up when we priority embark and they don't.... but they are seasoned travelers and I think they can handle it :)

well, after reading these boards and thinking about it nonstop for the past month or so, dh and I took the plunge and upgraded from BC to AE 1001 for the new yr's cruise on the sun. my parents upgraded from BC to BA 1002 next door. This way they will be able to pop over to babysit :)

Hope it's worth it- I know aft are more desireable, but I feel lucky to have found these 2 connecting cabins so we can all be together! of course, the problem will come up when we priority embark and they don't.... but they are seasoned travelers and I think they can handle it :)

They can in fact take advantage of all your perks. They can be right with you when you embark.

sorry to ask so many questions, but would it be best to give a partial "advance-tip" to the concierge in order to get priority tender tickets for my parents as well, etc?

Can the concierge assist with reservations for the kids programs?

sorry to ask so many questions, but would it be best to give a partial "advance-tip" to the concierge in order to get priority tender tickets for my parents as well, etc?

Can the concierge assist with reservations for the kids programs?

Not needed but would be appreciated - extending the perks is the norm - no reservations needed for the kids program. You have to sign them in and out.

They can in fact take advantage of all your perks. They can be right with you when you embark.

I also have an AE on the sun (2/18 sailing) I knew about the concierge service, but I wasn't aware there was special boarding! Tell me more! Is there a sign for suite passengers?

Archived