Shout Out to Carnival

ober134

We were concerned whether to cancel our early November sailing. Having at least one risk factor, and having to fly to Florida and possibly a hotel stay... We had many things to consider. We didn't want to wait and see if this would be cancelled or if we would be guinea pigs on the first sailing once cruises resume. Our PVP transferred the booking with no fees, and the folks at Fun Shops successfully transferred our Cheers pkg - which I got at 20% discount offer, and hoped to keep at that price. And bonus, new cruise is le$$ (same ship, itinerary and cabin class)... So we have OBC. Yes we opted to cancel before they did, so no FCC. Yes, they have our money for a lot longer. But we are happy with the outcome, and the peace of mind. Can't wait to get back on board. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 5

I understand what you went through because we are in the same situation. We have a January cruise scheduled and our final payment is due in October. I am afraid that they will cancel for the rest of this year but begin sailing at the beginning of 2021. A lot of people are saying they don't see that happening but if they are wrong, we would be on one of the first ships going back out. It is a journeys cruise so I really think that it will be canceled but who knows? We have discussed the option of moving it to another date late in 2021. It is like playing a really weird gambling game!! We still haven't decided what to do. I'm glad that you were able to make a decision and hope you have a wonderful time on your trip when it happens.

• Like 1

We are suppose to cruise January as well.  Some of our group are wanting to cancel already because they are afraid.  My husband and I are going to hold off until October before we make a decision, but thinking we should just move to another cruise.