Fly2fun question

Astromaid

I have never booked airfare through Carnival, but I have read you can choose your flights and make changes. Has anyone ever been able to book Southwest 

airline through Carnival? I just checked what is available for our cruise and Southwest is not offered. Do they add airlines or is it pretty much set with what I see.

I travel all over the world and would never let someone book my airline tickets. Same with hotel rooms. I might shop Expedia and then call the hotel direct. They all price match and have much more liberal cancellation policies

Southwest was an option when I did my Fly2Fun air, so it is possible. It might depends on where/when you are flying though. I know SW puts flights out after other airlines so maybe the schedule isn't out yet if your cruise is far away? Also, don't know where you are flying to, but if you are sailing out of Miami, there is actually an option to pick your airport (MIA or Ft. Lauderdale) SW will only show up if you change the airport. 

That being said, Carnivals Fly2Fun air is actually REALLY flexible despite what coevan said.  My air doesn't need paid until final payment of the cruise. On top of that, I can make changes to it up to 90 days before sailing with no penalties. If the price drops, I can match it (I am actually going to be calling 1 week before payment just to make sure it hasn't gone down, once you book you cannot look online anymore with Fly2Fun). The fact you can "lock" in an air price you find acceptable and not have to pay right then and there IMO is a much better deal than having to pay immediately and saving $20.

Also on a note, when I was looking at Airfare SW was crazy in price from my area. $750+ round trip to Florida crazy prices. The price through Carnival was about $550, AA ended up being the cheapest at $390+bag (which we will just do 1) round trip. The same price through AA was about $520+bag. 

1 hour ago, Jasalth said:

Southwest was an option when I did my Fly2Fun air, so it is possible. It might depends on where/when you are flying though. I know SW puts flights out after other airlines so maybe the schedule isn't out yet if your cruise is far away? Also, don't know where you are flying to, but if you are sailing out of Miami, there is actually an option to pick your airport (MIA or Ft. Lauderdale) SW will only show up if you change the airport. 

That being said, Carnivals Fly2Fun air is actually REALLY flexible despite what coevan said.  My air doesn't need paid until final payment of the cruise. On top of that, I can make changes to it up to 90 days before sailing with no penalties. If the price drops, I can match it (I am actually going to be calling 1 week before payment just to make sure it hasn't gone down, once you book you cannot look online anymore with Fly2Fun). The fact you can "lock" in an air price you find acceptable and not have to pay right then and there IMO is a much better deal than having to pay immediately and saving $20.

Also on a note, when I was looking at Airfare SW was crazy in price from my area. $750+ round trip to Florida crazy prices. The price through Carnival was about $550, AA ended up being the cheapest at $390+bag (which we will just do 1) round trip. The same price through AA was about $520+bag. 

Please tell me where I wrote that fly 2 fun is NOT flexible? I feel in more control booking direct. 

Please read through this thread and understand what you are buying when you go through Fly2Fun or ChoiceAir.

You are NOT buying the same ticket from Fly2Fun that you will buy directly from the airline. The rules and restrictions can be ( I didn't say WILL be, I said CAN be) very different.

I'm not saying DON'T buy from Fly2Fun,,,, all I'm saying is educate yourself on what a consolidator ticket is, what the benefits are, what the pitfalls are, and THEN make an informed, educated decision.

To answer your question, most major legacy airlines (Delta, American, etc) put their schedule out about 330 days in advance. Southwest only advertises 90 days out (I believe). Might be more days, but definitely not as far out as the legacies.