Has Fred changed policy on CC

Pentlands

2 hours ago, Pentlands said:

Reading the T/Cs, as one always does, I noticed this

"3.6 A 1.5 % surcharge will apply to payments for any Booking made by credit card. FOCL cannot accept American Express cards for any transaction." http://fredolsencruises.com.au/page/fred-olsen-terms-and-conditions

Has Fred changed his policy on this and if so is it legal?

I understand some places do not accept American Express cards, they can choose if they accept or not - no legal need to accept.  Perhaps they have too high a fee chargeable to Fred.  No idea if it was always the case.

Regards the 1.5% charge, that only applied to people who made a payment before a certain cut off date as is commonly known.  I have seen other T&C's that have not been updated if you search his site - not the best maintenance on that front. 

Edited by tring

37 minutes ago, Pentlands said:

Don't know why but missed it was Australian site!

That could explain it, but what you quoted was not as sent to us with a booking made less than a month ago.  What matters is the terms when you booked (made the contract).  Different terms can apply to different bookings and different brochures, so not always clear be what you have picked up on the website.  Always a good idea to print, or otherwise save, the ones for your booking - we always take a copy of them with us on any cruise or land holiday.

Edited by tring