NCL Zipline/Canopy Tour in Roatan

life is good

Hi everyone,

Just one question. How many ziplines are there in the tour offerd by NCL? Have read so many exciting posts but not sure where (cruise or non-cruise) to make my reservations. Sounds like some tours offer as many as 6-8 ziplines. Probably will never get back to Roatan. So just want to be sure I SEE it all!!!

Thanks everyone for the info. 52 days and counting til Norwegian Jewel GNO cruise part 2...

Happy cruising everyone!!!

If I remember correctly there are eleven lengths, ranging in length from 15 feet to 60 feet. Thirteen platforms including the start and finish ones.

I researched every one I could find and determined that the one sponsored through NCL was by far the best one with the most segments, longest length, and safest setup.

Wish I could tell you all about it, but unfortunately never made it onto the ship. Next year, you can rest assured I'll be swinging through those trees! :D

If I remember correctly there are eleven lengths, ranging in length from 15 feet to 60 feet. Thirteen platforms including the start and finish ones.

I researched every one I could find and determined that the one sponsored through NCL was by far the best one with the most segments, longest length, and safest setup.

Wish I could tell you all about it, but unfortunately never made it onto the ship. Next year, you can rest assured I'll be swinging through those trees! :D

Waldospepper,

Thank you for the info. We are neighbors. I am from Worcester, MA and my sister (we always travel together) are from Manchester, NH.

We are defintiely going to do the Canopy tour and will give a report afterwards. Where did you do your research?

Hi there neighbor! :)

I did all my research right here on CC. Read reviews from folks who'd done excursions through NCL, and read reviews from folks who'd done the various other excursions. Got web addresses for some and checked out their sites. There is a ton of information here, and late at night it's easy to sit and read forever. :o After all my reading I had no doubt which one I was booking. :D

I am from Worcester, MA We are defintiely going to do the Canopy tour and will give a report afterwards. Where did you do your research?

We did the Canopy tour independently a few years ago in Roatan. It was so much fun that we booked another zip line in Puerto Vallarta last year, and will be going back again in two weeks to do it again. I believe that we used the same zip lines as the one sponsored through the ship, since we ended up back near Tabayan beach. We hired a tour guide that was used by many people here on the CC boards. He dropped us off at the zip lines, and met us down at the end of the zips. We then had him take us to another beach/resort, and then shopping. It was nice having the personalized service, instead of just a large bus load of people like the ships excursions.

One suggestion is to not wear light colored shorts, since the harness may leave dark marks on them. Another suggestion is to not wear sandals, since they may come off and you may stub your toes on the platforms trying to stop yourself.

PS...We live about 2 miles from Worcester, in the little town of Grafton, MA. Talk about neighbors......

:) Margaret

Hi! I also did the zipline in Roatan. I didn't book through the ship but went to the same place as the ship's tour. I paid the same price ($50) as the people on the NCL tour (which I charged back to the ship:) ). The only bad thing was, I was told, if they were too busy, I'd have to wait, or possibly not go at all. I took the chance and had a great time! Our taxi driver was wonderful, Roatan was beautiful & I loved every minute we had there. Have a great time!:D

Archived