I hope they are wrong in their forecast

Bgcruising

Carnival have just pulled all Cunard sailing until March 2021

their press release has this in it

"After very careful consideration and reviewing the latest guidance, we simply do not feel it would be sensible to start sailing again with our current schedule so we have reviewed future itineraries."

Some friends in travel industry are expecting other carnival subdivisions to follow suit but the powers above them have not  given any indication which ones.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, liulady said:

This is what I think most are forgetting. It is not as if the ships can just pull out of port the moment the "no sail" order is lifted. They have to get their staff back. How long will that take?

I agree.  Just the logistics of getting staff back alone is so difficult.  It took 3 months to get most staff home.  I cannot imagine the 900 crew for each ship all flying to the USA, being in quarantine for 2 weeks and getting the ship ready to sail.  You cannot quarantine these people all together as if one has COVID19 then it will just circulate round and round like the ships that had the virus after the stop sail order.  I don't believe there will be cruises from the US until well into 2021.  I live in Canada and we cannot even drive to the US as the boarders are closed.  

On 8/27/2020 at 7:22 PM, Cruising_Addict said:

On the contrary. If cruising can’t start by spring it’s because people haven’t taken the pandemic seriously enough. Americans have no one to blame but themselves for not being able to cruise right now. Europeans are already cruising again. 

This. I don't think there will be a cruise until there is a vaccine available to the general public, which will not happen until spring. I can't even visit my out of state family without a mandatory quarantine period yet. 

Imagine the poor crew members trying to force selfish passengers to wear their masks in public corridors. How many news stories have you seen about store employees being harassed/attacked when asking people to follow the rules?

I really wish people could follow the guidelines so things can return to normal, but I'm afraid normal no longer exists in America.

• Like 2