Eastern Caribbean - Beaches & Kids

cdaystravel

Hi,

The French side has topless and nude beach areas at Orient Beach. I don't believe the Dutch side has either of these.

I highly recommend Frommers "Caribbean Ports of Call" book which has family/ kid suggestions, restaurants, beach info. I've used this in the past with great success and it will answer other questions you might have.

Dutch side does have topless and nudity. so......AVOID: ALL BEACHES.

The island of St. Martin is very European in nature and they do not see anything wrong with it - in fact they can't figure us out - all over our media and yet we are "uptight Americans".

You will see topless everywhere...... nudity is pretty much at one end of Orient ( French side) altho some of them will walk the entire beach nude..... Cupecoy is known for nudity ( Dutch side) and is also known as gay/lesbian beach. There is even one bar at Maho (Dutch side where big planes come in) which advertises free drinks for topless women.

So unless you are willing to "take a chance" plan something else for the day.

I also recommend Frommers book and if I recall it tells you it is tolerated island-wide.

Archived