Curfew for teens

tef43

I saw posted on another board here that RCCL has a 1 am curfew for teens, and enforces it!

What an excellent idea!

Are you reading this, Carnival?

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

I'll vote for midnight or.....no one under 25 allowed.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Liv,

How did I know you'd be first in line to post a reply to this thread?

detroit100.gif

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

When I went on the Explorer of the Seas, the Captain mandated a curfew as the kids were getting so out of control. He made it very clear that parents and their children were subject to deportation at the next port. I thought it was a great idea.

Atom.gif

Sensation.gif

Next Cruises! SENSATION 5/6/04 then MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tef43:

Liv,

How did I know you'd be first in line to post a reply to this thread?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know Tef. I've never posted on this type of thread before.

Deportation?

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Ok wrong phrasing.. i.e. they will get their behinds kicked off the ship. icon_biggrin.gif

Atom.gif

Sensation.gif

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by livtojump:

Deportation?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brneyznfl:

Ok wrong phrasing.. i.e. they will get their behinds kicked off the ship. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps it is time to revive that thread that discussed "dismemberment procedures" a couple of months back?

detroit100.gif

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

And then:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tef43:

Perhaps it is time to revive that thread that discussed "dismemberment procedures" a couple of months back?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Atom.gif

Sensation.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by livtojump:

Deportation?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brneyznfl:

Ok wrong phrasing.. i.e. they will get their behinds kicked off the ship. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...I was thinking the same thing.

Brneyznfl - I was kiddingicon_biggrin.gif.

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

I have kids, good kids, that have movie parties in their cabin or our cabin where they invite friends they met on board. They'll order room service and make a safe late night activity out of it often going well past midnight or 1AM.

Sometimes they'll leave and go look at the stars on deck (since their cheap dad stuck them in an inside cabin) but in no way are they the nuisance that other teens may very well be.

The thing is, security will be chasing down the ones that break curfew anyway, why can't they just do their jobs and keep the area secure, confining offenders to their cabins or making them walk the plank.

If I didn't have kids that this would have a direct effect on I wouldn't care but I do so I must

Lock up those bad teens, throw them off at the next port along with their slacker parents who let them run wild but don't punish the good kids too

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Well it's those "bad apples" that ruin it for the rest of them.

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

I have to also agree with Chris. I'm taking my two good teens and traveling with another family with 2 good teens as well. They deserve to be out and about until the curfew I impose brings them back to their cabin.

Bad teens should be dismembered icon_wink.gif

I mean, thrown off the ship...along with their parents.

Actually, most of the time, when I see bad kids (of any age) it's the parents I'd like to throttle. Some people have no idea how to be parents. They want to be their kids friends...it's sad.

I am blessed. If you see two girls following around their Mother and Father saying 'thank you" every three seconds....they're my kids.

and IF they EVER did anything that was even slightly disruptive on the ship

I'D gladly throw them off the ship myself.

(they know this, which is why they don't give me any problems).

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by selucrey:

Liv;Do you have a twin named tef? icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL....no but we certainly do see eye to eye on this.

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

From what I can glean, they only roust the rambunctious offenders. The well-behaved teens, such as Chris' and halos' are free to enjoy their vacations. Demonstrated maturity has its priviledges.

The policy is in place on RCCL "just in case" it needs to be enforced. I still applaud them for taking that step, but am at the same time saddened that they felt that they had to resort to it. It's a commentary on the parenting.

detroit100.gif

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

And then:

Chris....As usual I couldn't agree with you more! I always set my own curfew and my son has never never been late.(usually he's a bit early!) We tend to bend the rules every now and then because he has never abused any privileges. I think if the cruise lines had a curfew he might want to rebel.

Parents don't be afraid to be boss. Children are constantly testing, attempting to see how much they can get away with - how far you will let them go - and they secretly hope yuou will not let them go too far.

Wow Liv, I am sure glad that I will be 25 on our Valor Vampire cruise next year icon_biggrin.gif

I would certainly not have a good time under your security rules if I weren't! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

~~Heather~~

Bookin' travel daily for NASA... but I would rather be bookin' travel for myself!

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

We also have a great teen, he's graduating from high school and we are taking him on the Elation 5/23. Don't punish the good kids along with the noisy ones. We trust him totally.

NCL Magesty 6/00

Explorer of the Seas 6/01

Voyager of the Seas 6/03Elation 5/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I'm in a quandry here. I like the idea of a curfew, but wouldn't want to see the good kids punished because of the rowdy ones. The fact is, the ones causing problems can do it at any time of the day or night and the parents should be answerable for the actions of their children.

Hmmmm, keelhauling? icon_wink.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

I agree with those that say to not punish the good kids for the bad kids' actions. Carnival just needs to enforce the rules they have....not make new ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Liv;Do you have a twin named tef?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny I noticed the same thing. Whenever tef posts something, Liv is sure to come along with an "atta boy" real quick. No matter what the topic.

Pat the Beancounter

I heard thats there a curfew on all HAL ships 10:00pm for anyone 55 or older! lol.....

RCCL SUN VIKING/ 6/86

CARNIVAL JUBILEE/ 8/01

CARNIVAL PRIDE/ 7/02

HAL VEENDAM/ 4/03

CELEBRITY GALAXY/ 6/03

HAL ZAANDAM/ 3/04

Archived