Copenhagen- Rosenborg castle and Christianborg palace

lionheart

• 2 weeks later...
How were these attractions? How long of a visit?

Thanks,

Kurt

Rosenborg is in a park in the city. It's a beautiful castle, not huge, should only take about an hour to do a self tour, leaving you plenty of time to explore the rest of this wonderful city. Also, hopefully you'll visit Amalienborg palace, not too far from Rosenborg, and view the changing of the guard. At Christainborg, we did a tour of the palace where the Queen entertains on formal occasions. We found it very interesting, and definately worth doing. The tour also only lasted about an hour. I recommend both. But, if you can get outside of the city, which is extremely easy to do via train, I highly recommend Frederiksborg Palace, and Kronborg Castle if you have time.

Rosenborg is in a park in the city. It's a beautiful castle, not huge, should only take about an hour to do a self tour, leaving you plenty of time to explore the rest of this wonderful city. Also, hopefully you'll visit Amalienborg palace, not too far from Rosenborg, and view the changing of the guard. At Christainborg, we did a tour of the palace where the Queen entertains on formal occasions. We found it very interesting, and definately worth doing. The tour also only lasted about an hour. I recommend both. But, if you can get outside of the city, which is extremely easy to do via train, I highly recommend Frederiksborg Palace, and Kronborg Castle if you have time.

Thanks, THe ship doesn't dock til 12:30 so I am limited in what I can do. I don't think I can even do Rosenborg and Christainborg in that time frame.

Kurt

Archived