Excursions

jpelements

4 minutes ago, jpelements said:

Is it true that due to COVID-19, excursions are limited to those available through the ship? I.e., are we able to book through independent excursion company or are we limited to ship sponsored/arranged excursions? 

@jpelements

Howdy and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! emo22.gif I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards. emo34.gif 

Thank you for your new thread here on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum. 👍  However, your thread is off-topic here. This forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members. 

Regarding only ship sponsored/arranged excursions being allowed, no one knows what the various cruises lines are planning. They haven't announced what the new rules will be regarding cruises from the USA mandated by the CDC. Only a few cruises in Europe have recently sailed, and yes, those cruise lines did have only ship sponsored/arranged excursions

I suggest you browse the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions regarding cruising. There is a thread there titled Any updates on excursion only shore-leave? that may be of interest. And there is another titled Required ship excursions if getting off the ship. In addition, each of the various Cruise Lines “A – O” or Cruise Lines “P – Z” forums have ongoing threads discussing what the possible future will be when cruising those specific cruise lines & their itineraries.

I sincerely hope all this information will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails... someday,

Host Kat emo32.gif