Do I need to wait for FCC email to rebook?

We had a cruise for December that was of course cancelled yesterday. I’m wondering if I call can they go ahead and transfer the money paid and the extra 25% to a new cruise or do I need to wait for the FCC email? I see a cruise in Feb that I really want to change to and I don’t want to risk the price going up, anyone have any experience with this? I don’t want to call and wait on hold forever if it’s not possible. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, youngncruzin90 said:

We had a cruise for December that was of course cancelled yesterday. I’m wondering if I call can they go ahead and transfer the money paid and the extra 25% to a new cruise or do I need to wait for the FCC email? I see a cruise in Feb that I really want to change to and I don’t want to risk the price going up, anyone have any experience with this? I don’t want to call and wait on hold forever if it’s not possible. Thanks!

Once the cruise has been cancelled they cannot transfer money.  You need to wait for the FCC.

That being said you can call and make a reservation and they will out a hold on the cabin and wait until the FCC is issued so that you can use the FCC to cover the deposit.

BTW, I would count on February sailing...look at April as its a safer bet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once the cruise has been cancelled they cannot transfer money.  You need to wait for the FCC.

That being said you can call and make a reservation and they will out a hold on the cabin and wait until the FCC is issued so that you can use the FCC to cover the deposit.

BTW, I would count on February sailing...look at April as its a safer bet

‘That’s what we did once we realized the cruise will not happen we booked with RCL a new cruise the refundable deposit taking advantage of a sale. Then the cruise was transferred to my ta and received the fcc. We saved $$  this way and got the cabin of our choice before the prices increased significantly.  I learned from The cancellation of our March 2020 NZ cruise. 

• Like 1