OBC when cancelling

furf_n_slo

Hello! We were originally scheduled to sail September 2020. Carnival obviously cancelled and we rescheduled for January 2021 with the $600 OBC.

Now we're thinking we just want to voluntarily cancel January. Even if they do end up sailing, we're not wanting to be one of the first people sailing. For the most part, the unknown if we'll even be able to dock in our ports and get off the ship.

So if we choose to cancel and reschedule do we still get to keep the $600 OBC for our rescheduled cruise. 

I can't remember for sure and I can't find the original email from Carnival.

Thanks! 

The $600 was to rebook so it would be gone. You can call and push it to another date, say in 2023.

Also before you cancel make sure you didnt rebook early saver, or you could lose your deposit as well. Make sure it was a refundable fare.

I would think about pushing the date forward if you might want to cruise later. .. or wait to be be cancelled. Good chance imo January will get cancelled. 

We just cancelled our January 2021 sailing and rescheduled to a January of 2022.  Original booking (March 2020) and both rescheduled bookings were all Early Saver rates.  We were allowed to keep our deposit and OBC issued by Carnival due to cancellation of the original March of 2020 cruise.  Carnival was very accommodating about all of our requests including change from two rooms to three rooms for our family of six.  Hoping the third booking is the "charm" and we will be able to sail in 2022!

4 hours ago, iatag said:

We just cancelled our January 2021 sailing and rescheduled to a January of 2022.  Original booking (March 2020) and both rescheduled bookings were all Early Saver rates.  We were allowed to keep our deposit and OBC issued by Carnival due to cancellation of the original March of 2020 cruise.  Carnival was very accommodating about all of our requests including change from two rooms to three rooms for our family of six.  Hoping the third booking is the "charm" and we will be able to sail in 2022!

Right you rescheduled it, that's why you kept the obc. I suggested pushing it into the future to keep the deposit and obc. 

If OP just cancels .. doesnt reschedule he loses the obc. ..and maybe his deposit.

Agree with above poster January likely to be cancelled. Sit tight also option but probably requires making final payment.

We will definitely be rebooking another cruise. We have already paid in full. The September cruise was cancelled by Carnival after our balance was due.

And if I remember right we have until 30 days prior to sailing to reschedule on our own if Carnival doesn't cancel January.

I just couldn't remember for sure if we got to keep the $600 if we were choosing to rebook to a future date vs carnival cancelling our sailing.

Thank you!