Sun 7 Night Cruise

Michaelw5

What is the dress codes?

How many formal nights? 1 or 2. I would prefer 2.

What are the other nights like for dress?

Formal night is on the second day. There is an optional formal night on the either the fifth or sixth day. The other days are casual. Dress pants and collared shirt after 5 pm for the restr but not the buffet.

Dave

Formal nights are always optional on NCL. As long as you don't wear jeans or t-shirts or shorts in the dining room after 5PM, you can wear what you want even on formal nights. Docker style pants and collared shirts for men are fine any time. For women sun-dresses, capris, casual slacks, skirts - all are fine even on formal night.

Personally, I'm quite thankful for the optional formal evenings. Part of the reason my BF and I decided to cruise with NCL is b/c we don't want to dress up a lot and like the whole "freestyle" idea. I wear a suit, nylons and heels to work every day, the last thing I want is to have to dress up on vacation. In fact, I'm a little disappointed that I can't wear shorts or jeans and a nice blouse to dinner each evening but I'm sure we're going to be having so much fun it won't matter.

Only 6 more weeks to go and SUNshine here we come!! :o

I too sail only with NCL because of the Freestyle dress. I have never worn more than a polo shirt on any NCL cruise. I am on vacation, why do I want to dress up!!!

To answer your questions more fully: Yes, with Freestyle you never have to dress up, even on the OPTIONAL formal nights. On most NCL cruises only about 40% dress up and that ranges from tuxes to shirt and tie. The rest are in Resort casual (or Hawaiian attire on those cruises). There has also been some discussion on here about NCL dropping the No Jeans rule and allowing nice jeans in the restaurants.

The Good News is that you are the Sun. According to reports, the Sun is the only ship in the NCL fleet that sets aside one of the two main dining rooms on formal night for those dressed up only. If you are in resort casual, you must go to the other main restaurant or one of the specialty restaurants. On all other NCL and NCL-A ships, you can do to any dinning room in resort casual any night.

The dress code for a 7 night cruise: 2 nights formal optional. You will find everything from tuxes and long dresses to slacks with open collared shirts and nice pants or sun dresses. This is what makes freestyle so appealing to more all the time. The other 5 nights all pretty much run together: capris, slacks or sun dresses for the gals and docker type pants and collared shirts, sport or polo type for the guys. Just stay clear of the jeans, shorts, t shirts and tank tops in the dining rooms after 6pm. You may get away with it, you may get sent back to change, but regardless dress code is for everyone and so try to follow the guidelines. NMnita

Hi. We're just back from the 2/4 Sun and we dressed nicely, but not formally. Both dining rooms were available to us - neither was designated formal. My husband wore a dress shirt and slacks and I wore a dressy top and pants and we were fine.

Archived