Using FCC via an agent (UK)

MX-Drew

58 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Another Free Phone number for Celebrity Cruises UK - 0800-240-4259

Thanks for the information, we need these numbers pinned somewhere.

I have noticed Celebrity seem to have dropped their 7p a minute line now.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, MX-Drew said:

Celebrity are saying I can only use £2072 as it can't be used on taxes or gratuities (which I understand) but are taxes and gratuities really about 50% of a cruise? 

To determine the TAXES, FEES and PORT EXPENSES for any cruise just goto Celebrity website and do a mock booking. On the final page the breakdown of the Cruise cost are shown with Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses itemised separately.  These fees are the same whether you book an Inside Cabin or a Suite and depend on the itinerary, typically for a 10nt. cruise they are 4% to 6% of the total cost

29 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

To determine the TAXES, FEES and PORT EXPENSES for any cruise just goto Celebrity website and do a mock booking. On the final page the breakdown of the Cruise cost are shown with Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses itemised separately.  These fees are the same whether you book an Inside Cabin or a Suite and depend on the itinerary, typically for a 10nt. cruise they are 4% to 6% of the total cost

I did this but it turns out the figure you see is not the whole picture. Some of the "cruise" price displayed in that breakdown is still not eligible to use FCCs against. 

Interesting discussion. I have had an issue with a UK Agent too. Long story short. We originally  booked with HAL but as the destination was South America we switched to a Holy Land cruise. Then HAL sold the ship! I then booked a Celebrity cruise to the Holy Land and the monies I had paid was transferred to the latest booking. After Celebrity changed their package on 17th November I worked out that I was overpaying. The agent I had made the booking with has been laid off so I could only communicate with Admin. I asked for a reprice but was told that this could not be done. I decided to cancel that booking and make a new booking with another Travel Agent as I would still be saving money. The new Agent's Admin rang me to advise me that I could apply to Celebrity and get my original deposit back by way of a FCC.  If the FCC is forthcoming I forward that to the new Agent and they apply it to the new booking. Why didn't the original Agency suggest that? Something doesn't seem right. That said I am waiting to see if Celebrity do in fact provide a FCC.