How are rooms 5072,5080,5108 on Zenith?

jacank

We're taking the family (all first time cruisers) for my mom's 90th birthday celebration. Don't let the age fool you - she's a fireball. DH calls her "the white tornado". Does anyone know anything about these rooms? The cruise is April 29th and I'm hoping for good weather. :)

No one knows anything about these rooms? They're on Europa Deck, inside. Two are mid ship, near the lobby. The third is the first one near the aft elevator. I'm trying to decide which would be best for my mom. Any comments would be appreciated.

We stayed in room 5098 last Sept. It was the typical outside with window. Had no problems and would book it again. I am sure your rooms, if they are outsides, are similar. The Europa deck is sandwiched between the Florida and Carribean Decks and there is not a lot of noise from above or below since they both have staterooms and not public rooms. I have heard some complain about engine noise but I believe that could be further aft--I did not hear a thing. There are no balconies on Zenith, so except for the suites the outsides are basically the same unless you get an obstructed view. Our view was excellent. Roomwise, the only difference with the CC's were that they had a small love seat instead of the chairs by the coffee table, a very minor difference to me. Your rooms are in a good location as the kids' play room is down at the very aft and you are still far enough away from that room to avoid any noise that may come from there. I never heard anything on my cruise, but there were limited children. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Sorry-- I just reread your post and you say your rooms are inside. I believe the rooms are still the same size and layout, but I am not sure if you hear more noise/vibrations due to engine. So I can not answer that variable. :confused: I think you will be fine.

The engine noise is in the aft cabins, so I don't think it will affect these cabins. If it was my choice, I would take one of the mid-ship cabins and not the one beside the elevator. And since the pricing between O/V and inside at that time is so close, it would be worth the upgrade.

We went on April 30/05 & had nice weather - low 70's both air and water, comfortable for walking, and short dips in the ocean. At Tobacco Bay I was able to stay in for 15-20 minutes as it is shallow & sheltered.

Archived