"Crowd" Questions

cruzin2paradise

Hi all. We are planning to take our cruise at the end of May/beginning of June 2007. We've taken 3 cruises total, two of which were at Thanksgiving and one (our first one) was a 4-day in January. So, basically, I'm curious as to what types of crowds (heavy on the families, etc.) (and how crowded) are cruising out of NYC at the end of May, beginning of June? I'm not asking for any other reason than curiosity.

Thanks for all your answers!

(I will post this same question in RCI's site for the same information.)

We cruised the week before Memorial weekend '05 to celebrate my son's college graduation. There were many 20 yo and people mostly in their 40s on up. Not many families since the schools in this area are finished near the end of June. And although we cruised on CCL Legend, it was not the party-hardy crowd I've read about. The ship was full but not crowded as we would see during school vacations.

We all had a great time and my son and his GF (22&25 yo) found great places to go and things to do. BTW, we cruised equally last year, NCL Dawn, Celebrity Zenith, and CCL Legend, all out of the NYC area... and love them all. ;)

I think most of the cruises out of NY are full, there's such a large market in the metro area and if a cruise is not selling the cruiselines will lower the prices to fill the ship. If you have any specific questions, just ask! You should have fun whatever cruise you choose.

Archived