How does CC plan to do Meet and Mingle during the Covid era to prevent super spreader events?

On 12/6/2020 at 6:24 PM, Coralc said:

I would go, but lately that extra 1 hour time change (loss) onboard has made me lose my motivation in favor of sleep. First we have the 2 or 3 hour time change when we fly east, then if they change the time again on the first night, we get all fouled up. 

Re: loss of time for jet lag and the need to take a few more Zs when flying to the Continent, that's one reason I book a pre-cruise hotel package. I use the time at the embarkation port to not only acclimate my body clock to the new time zone but also take the time to enjoy a port I might not have had the opportunity to visiting before boarding the ship. One other benefit I derive from a pre-cruise hotel package is that I boarding the ship in a relaxed state of mind that isn't fouled up after a 7+-hour red eye flight to the embarkation port. 

We always book a pre-cruise hotel (at least 2 nights) because it takes all day to fly to fly to Florida and then back home. And generally, the first night we stay up too late and then we are tired the next morning because 10AM feels like 7AM. :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin: And then we get the hang of it by the second day, and then it is changed again. 

It would be nice to have Royal Caribbean ships on the west coast once in a while, so we could stay in our time zone for a change. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

Concur. They're very good to have on 12+ night cruises within the Med, on the Atlantic toward the Canaries and Azores, or the Baltic and Northern Europe. Those are good because we're together for that long a time aboard ship.

I agree w/you that for 7-day sailings, the M&Ms are pointless. For example, I recall an M&M event that was attended by three people and nobody to distribute the "Hello My Name Is" sticker at the Solarium Bar aboard Oasis in the fall of '15. The three attendees were me and one other couple who took the time and trouble to wear Mardi Gras beads to attend the extremely uneventful M&M event an hour after the Muster Drill and during Sailaway at Port Everglades. What a waste! Even worse was the attempted gathering at Dazzles, the disco on Deck 8: another event not attended by Roll Call members. 

We had an issue on the Adventure of the Seas with a M & M.  The person in charge of sending out the invitations didn't.  That was either a true screw up or done on purpose.  If my DH are available, we go, if not we don't.

11 hours ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

Concur. They're very good to have on 12+ night cruises within the Med, on the Atlantic toward the Canaries and Azores, or the Baltic and Northern Europe. Those are good because we're together for that long a time aboard ship.

I agree w/you that for 7-day sailings, the M&Ms are pointless. For example, I recall an M&M event that was attended by three people and nobody to distribute the "Hello My Name Is" sticker at the Solarium Bar aboard Oasis in the fall of '15. The three attendees were me and one other couple who took the time and trouble to wear Mardi Gras beads to attend the extremely uneventful M&M event an hour after the Muster Drill and during Sailaway at Port Everglades. What a waste! Even worse was the attempted gathering at Dazzles, the disco on Deck 8: another event not attended by Roll Call members. 

We had an issue on the Adventure of the Seas with a M & M.  The person in charge of sending out the invitations didn't.  That was either a true screw up or done on purpose.  If my DH are available, we go, if not we don't.