once again RCCL VS CCL

chorder

Thinking about trying CCL in 07 just for a change of pace.We are not sure about which class of ships are comparable to RCCL .We have cruised RCCL 4 times our 5th coming in April.We do love RCCL just want to compare apples to apples any info from anyone who has cruised both lines? thanx

Do you mean CELEBRITY Cruise Line or CARNIVAL Cruise Line? If you mean Celebrity, you will enjoy yourself. We are long-time RCCL cruisers and had tried Zenith a number of years ago. We did not care for it very much. (No slamming please. There were problems they never addressed.) We finally decided to give Celebrity another try after we saw an itinerary that we wanted to do. Now that they are recognizing our Diamond RCCL status and giving us the perks of Captains Club Elite status, we booked a cruise on Infinity over last Thanksgiving.

To our delight, the cruise was absolutely wonderful. It is not a carbon copy of RCCL. There are some similarities, but each line has its strong points and its weak points. Since taking that trip, we will not hesitate to go on another Celebrity ship.

If you are talking Celebrity, you should like it. As mentioned, they are similar, yet different from RCCL and their Millenium class ships are fantastic. When booking I first look at Celebrity to see if they have the cruise I'm looking for, if not I look at RCCL. Switching back and forth based on what is being offered works for me. I appreciate the subtle differences between each line.

We have cruised RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival so I will give my opinion of all 3. Celebrity had the absolute best service and food but entertainment was mediocre and we were bored at times. These cruises are more sedate/relaxing than others with a slightly more upscale clientele. Definitely able to find a quiet area. All excursions through the ship were pretty good. Carnival had the worst food, worst kids program but great entertainment and best CD. Carnival had the most diverse socioeconomic group so it wasn't as elegent as Celebrity on formal nights and there were more cheesy contests (knobby knees, hairy chest). Lots of activity and noise and we all thought the food was awful and waiter service was spotty. Also, worst ship's excursion out of our 10 cruises. RCCL had the most stunning ship and WOW factor and more activities. Teen program was good and we were pleasantly surprised with the food. Service was generally good but room steward so so. Entertainment was good, not great although CD was good. I would choose RCCL for families and variety of activities and Celebrity if I wanted a more elegent experience. Carnival-never again after our 2 experiences.

First of all thak you to the folks that replied to my thread.What I was looking for was a ship class to ship class comparison between RCCL and Carnival cruise line for price comparison (eg. is the carnival Valor in the same class as the Radiance for instance)I know that in a reveiw they probably would not compare.But I am not talking about a reveiw ,a lot of people say that Carnival is less expensive to cruise on , but some RCCL ships are less expensive than others also. Just trying to get a price comparisn only. thanx

We cruised the Valor in June 05, it was our second CCL cruise. The first CCL cruise was on the Inspiration and I hated the setup of the ship (large stage right in the middle of the lido deck). In 05 when the Valor was out we thought we would give CCL another try since the layout of the ship was different. This cruise only confirmed what I already felt, I don't like the layouts of the CCL ships. I like being able to see all around the pool area, enjoy watching the pool games, ice carving, etc. The Valor had very limited area around the pools, and the pools (while small on every ship) were very small, it was like going from an outside room to an outside room. While I believe CCL has good food, nice ships, etc. I just do not like the layout at all of their ships (to choppy). My whole family felt this way along with friends traveling with us. Unless CCL comes out with a different deck plan for the Lido deck it was our last CCL cruise.

Archived