Onboard cruise pictures... cost?

joejennie

On the Enchantment this past week, the prices were $14.95 for 5x7 prints and $19.95 for 8x10's. There are lots of photo opps, they take your picture as you are checking in to board the ship, at dinner a few times, formal night they will have several pbackgrounds to choose from, some times they take shots on the excursions. You can also have casual pictures taken in the evenings called "lifestyle" portraits. Most of the pictures taken , except for the lifestyle and formal shots will be 5x7. Pictures are available in the photo shop every evening. I would suggest that you hold off purchasing until at least a few days into the cruise,since they will probably run a coupon special where you buy a few and get a ship picture free (or something like that.)

Thanks so much for the information :) I'll definately wait a few days before purchasing any. Will the one they take early on in the cruise be available to purchase toward the end? We don't have our picture taken together very much and I'm usually the picture taker so rarely in casual and vacation photos. I do want to get some on the cruise though, especially since this is for our 25th anniversary.

Jennie

Thanks so much for the information :) I'll definately wait a few days before purchasing any. Will the one they take early on in the cruise be available to purchase toward the end? We don't have our picture taken together very much and I'm usually the picture taker so rarely in casual and vacation photos. I do want to get some on the cruise though, especially since this is for our 25th anniversary.

Jennie

It was our 25th anniversary cruise too! On our cruise, as long as you didn't put your photos in the box for unwanted photos, they were put out on the viewing wall every day. I would suggest that you ask the person working at the photo gallery to be sure. I bought the Royal Caribbean photo album for $29.95; it came with an 8x10 of the ship and a choice of 5 pictures of various places on the ship (pool deck, solarium, centrum...). My friend used another coupon a few days later; I think it was if she bought 3 photos she got a photo of the ship. On formal night, we and our friends went to three different photo stations so we got to choose the best shots with the background we liked. Enjoy your cruise!

Jennie

Only the most recent pictures are displayed in the racks ... all the ones from earlier in the cruise end up in bins ... and they will happily let you fan through stacks of photos. I waited till the last day and it took awhile to find the boarding picture. Fortunately, I was wearing a pink top and once I picked up the right stack, it didn't take long to find it.

And don't be bashful about asking people to take a 'couples' picture for you. People are usually more than happy to accommodate you. My standard line is to hold out my camera and say, "I'm looking for a professional photographer, and I'll bet that's your secret ambition." They generally are quick to ask for reciprocal service after they've taken the shot.

We usually put all of our pictures one behind the other so we don't have to keep searching for them before we make our final choices. Last cruise some of them still disappeared! Someone on these boards suggested asking the people at the photo desk to keep them in an envelope for them. That is a great idea!

Also, here is a link to the photo release so that you can get more copies made from your pictures: http://www.image.com/guest-postcruiseCopyrightReleaseForm.cfm

Have a great cruise!

Archived