Who was the lovely Vogue Lady?

Jacy

Hello fellow QM2 cruisers,

Cruise to Caribbean and Panama - January 3 - 14, 2006

We met so many nice people on this cruise. There was one lady that really stood out from the crowd.

She was a lovely lady on board that I saw several times but not get a chance to chat with. She was always beautifully dressed, tall, with dark chin length hairstyle. Very classy, very elegant. Saw her a few times at the second sitting at the shows-always sitting in the balcony in the same spot. She was such an inspiration....she looked like a glamorous star of another era...the lovely Vogue lady...Did anyone meet this lady or know anything about her. Thanks for the info. Dreaming of cruising......

Jacy

Just waiting for someone to post:-

That was no lady. That was my wife!

Welll, let's see now. I did sit back in those boxes a few times at the second show.....

approximate age? Was she as they say in France, "Une dame d'une certain age?" or young?

Second sitting. We were second sitting, although it sounds as though this might be the sort of person who was a grill passenger. Was she usually alone? Or with others?

Probably not likely to find out, out of 2600 passengers. But then, if I could get my video to actually play, who knows, she could be in that. (that is, the ship video- We bought it in part becase of the special added stuff about the ship and crew, and tours of places like the engine room, and because we are also in it. We don't normally buy those cruise videos, and in fact bought only a few of the ship's $27.50 photos. I've tried this on several PCs with various softwares and my cheap DVD player for some reason is giving me fits, and it seems to think it is an audio CD instead of a DVD!)

Karie,

Who is SURE you must be talking about her!

Hello Karie,

We had problems with the DVD also, we ended making another dup copy of it, and then it worked fine. The part that was not very impressive, people waving for most of the DVD...the scenes of the QM2, public rooms were a nice memory....there is also footage of shows that were not on our voyage (have to have some filler stuff)...I give them credit though, they have to create these videos quickly, dup them, etc., unfortunately they can't take a lot of time to extract all the best highlights, edit, etc. and have them ready for the thousands. It's nice we all have our own camera shots, of our own memories, etc.

More info on the Vogue Lady...

She was not a Grill passenger.... she dined second sitting up on the balcony level...many of the people we ran into commented on how lovely she looked and would look for her to see what she was wearing, very haute couture, tall, slim, striking. She was not on the DVD of our cruise. She seemed to be traveling alone...Royal Theatre, she sat in the balcony, stage right, first row in the middle, 2nd seating. Yes there were 2.600 passengers...many ordinary looking folks...if you saw this woman, she really stood out.....I think most people would notice her and admire her (I admired her)

Age....who cares? she was a vision....she was not a very young woman (teens, 20s) ...she had an ageless, timeless beauty....could have been 40s 50s..people who say her will probably now who I'm referring to.

I'm really enjoying all the posts here it's great!

Jacy

We had problems with the DVD also, we ended making another dup copy of it, and then it worked fine.

Jacy,

That is really strange. Reminds me of the old joke- You open a letter with the statement that your handwriting is terrible, so "if you can't read my handwriting, copy it over in your own handwriting and read YOUR copy" <LOL> I may take it to work tomorrow (if I can get there through all of this snow!) and let my IT guys see if they can make it play, or copy it. Otherwise, I'll contact the company to see if they can replace it.

More info on the Vogue Lady...

She was not a Grill passenger.... she dined second sitting up on the balcony level...

Hmmm, now you have me really stumped. And intrigued. Unfortunately, we sat on the lower level, so didn't see too many upper level people at dinner. I keep going over faces that I met at the cocktail parties (assuming she might have been a World Club or platinum WC member) pub trivia, shore excursions, We didn't do any gambling, never made it to afternoon tea, and you couldn't see much in the ballroom. Any other sightings besides those two places? I'm trying to think of folks we bumped into who were single. (or traveling alone) I do know of a few youngish (40's or 50's) women traveling without a male companion, but I don't think they might be her. Was she vivacious or more reserved? I am trying to get hold of a woman I met at the Commodore's table- Alisa or Elisa-quite vivacious- She was traveling with about 10 family members, lived just across the GW Bridge from the pier and used to work for Cunard. I believe the family names were Liskin and Klaussen or Klausen. I'm pretty sure the matriarch's name (83 years old) was Antoinette. She was a fashion designer, and told a wonderful tale of her uncle helping them to escape occupied France during the war, and having steamed across the ocean from Casablanca for three weeks in a banana boat, leaving everything behind. I believe they were from Denmark, though I may have confused my Scandinavian countries. It could be Norway or even Sweden. If anyone met or knows these people, I would love to find them, especially Elisa. I can give you my email address to give them! I forgot to exchange addresses with her!

Meantime, I will keep thinking about your mystery passenger (hmm, sounds like something another line does- is it RCCL or HAL that does the mystery passenger you are supposed to try to find?)

Karie,

Truly stumped now!

P.S. And of course I would still love to get hold of Jennifer, our friend from the Commodore club evenings. I'd love to correspond with her, but again, neglected to get her info.

Hello Mufi,

I've always been interested in the paranormal, but not she did not seem transparent....any tales of sightings of energy/spirits on board QM2 from anyone?

Jacy

Hello Mufi,

I've always been interested in the paranormal, but not she did not seem transparent....any tales of sightings of energy/spirits on board QM2 from anyone?

Jacy

Well, there were many reports of noises on six deck, the deck from which "the lady" is known to emanate. In fact, the noises were so bad that some passengers met with staff and demanded to be moved. They were finally accommodated. I'll let them speak for themselves though. A couple of them are on these boards. I was on deck 8. Most of the eerie noises I heard in the middle of the night were Marc snoring! <G> Now THAT haunted me. Expecially the next day when I was really tired!

Karie,

Who won't say there are ghosts But she'll never say there aren't!

Hello Karie,

Very interesting, one evening the Vogue Lady was sitting at the Commodore's table...it was at the very end of the cruise, maybe last or second to last evening. It's funny, I was all over the ship during the day...on all decks...walking and walking Deck 7 at all different times and did not see her. I did not see her at parties, lounges, disco, ballroom.

I know it's a huge ship...but it's funny, sometimes I would run into the same people every day.

What did Alisa or Elisa look like? The Vogue lady was very vivacious. The mystery continues....who is the lady Jennifer you spoke about. All these questions...the mystery continues....

Jacy

Archived