Want to create a stronger password, but can't remember my old password

15 hours ago, fideauxdon said:

I want to log out of cruise critic and change my passwords, because I received information that my login was compromised. I want to create a stronger password, but I can't remember my old password!

Not sure this makes much sense -  I have had to log in in order to post this- How come you could post if you dont know your password?

EDIT

Also take care  that the advice that you have been compromised is from a  known source it  could

be  scammer trying to get hold of your password

for something more important then cruise critic. 🙂

Edited by Aulanis
add paragraph

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Not sure this makes much sense -  I have had to log in in order to post this- How come you could post if you dont know your password?

EDIT

Also take care  that the advice that you have been compromised is from a  known source it  could

be  scammer trying to get hold of your password

for something more important then cruise critic. 🙂

Theoretically you can remain logged in forever without logging out. In practice I have had to log back in every couple of weeks. Some however keep getting logged out and have to log back in almost every session. Seems like that may depend on device, browser, operating system version, cookies, etc. etc. 

I get the report from my password manager that my CC log in may be compromised because it is reused.  I have reused the password on other forum sites but never on any critical sites so I have been lazy and ignored the warning. There are also identity service sites that report compromised password. On of my credit card companies enrolled me on such a service when they were compromised. 

Edited by Charles4515