Red Roof Inn Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

TexasMommy

Anyone used Red Roof? Rates are great and site says newly remodeled, granite countertops, heated pool, remodeled modern furniture, etc. Booking spring break time so rates elsewhere are high elsewhere plus are starting to fill. Pre-cruise one day only. Flying in to FLL and sailing out of Port of Miami. If not Red Roof any other suggestions. Would like one with either a shuttle from FLL Airport or we could stay in Miami and would like a shuttle to Port.

$ is a factor so can't go real expensive.

I used to use Red Roof 15-20 years ago all the time - loved them! Haven't used the ones in FL you mentioned but I may for my trip the end of the year - so let us know how it goes.

That said, we sailed out of Miami after flying in to FLL as you're doing. We pre-arranged for a van from FLL to the Port of Miami - SuperShuttle I believe. We didn't pre-plan anything from Miami back to FLL. When we walked out of Customs in Miami, we just hooked up with a man who was driving a clean looking van and was willing to take us to FLL - some private taxi service. We got in and waited for two other families he corralled and all went to FLL together. We only paid like $20 for the both of us, so the driver was making his money off the 3 couples. We could probably have picked up a ShuperShuttle or arranged for them in advance just as well - we sort of rolled the dice on that. Worked out fine though.

Happy Travels!

My husband stays at the Red Roof Inn San Antonio once are twice a month for the past 2 years and is pleased with the chain as far as budget hotels go.

I can't find any mention of it here. I'm open to anything but it seems like it might be an option. I also have considered the Best Western Miami Airport Inn & Suites, Baymont Inn & Suites, etc.

Archived