Cancelled Cruise and Re-booking Offer

Keith.W

Hey All,

Like a lot of us i have had a cancelled cruise, We were due to sail on the April 25th Epic sailing for 3 nights from Barcelona to Rome. As this was cancelled we like others received the 10 percent off a future cruise.

We booked through our personal cruise consultant as always,

My total reservation for a Haven suite for 3 adults September 2022 was 5018 euro,  so i was under the impression of 501.80 discount. I was then told  it would be off the base fares -Taxes/Port /Gov Fees. Is this standard as i never came with terms and conditions?

Also when i went to pay deposit, i had 2 future cruise certs i was told i couldn't use these as deposit and pay the additional balance.  Cruise deposits was 402 euro altogether so i would have paid the additional balance. 

Deposit for the Suite was 872.

He told me to wait until the end of year to apply the 10 percent discount which seems odd. Have ye ever heard of this happening is there a reason for it?

Stay safe and well

Keith

I booked a cruise yesterday. The 10% was applied at the time of booking. The total fare was $2715. & the 10% discount was $257. representing the cruise price less taxes, fees. I used 2 Cruise Next certs. as well.

Doesn't sound right to wait till end of year to apply coupon.....

I see you are booking internationally, so maybe there are different terms?

1.    10% off coupon is to apply on the base fare only, not for tax/port exp/fees.

2.    CNC can be used for the deposit/payment.

3.    The passenger can request the PCC to apply the discount coupon at anytime, from the time of new booking till (i) the coupon USE BY deadline or (ii) the final payment date, whichever is earlier.

I think there is a logistic or procedural convenience to the PCC when the passenger delays to apply the discount coupon.  If the future pricing or new promotion of the booked cruise is to your advantage, you will naturally request for rebooking and the PCC has to redeposit the discount coupon back to your account and reapply it again to the new booking. 

I have gone through the above and my NCL PCC suggested me the same thing. I am holding several FCCs and discounts in my account for the time being, while I keep eyes on their validity and the pricing too.

Edited by Serengeti228