NICK & NORA'S, anyone???

Hi....I'm looking for some reviews from my fellow CC posters about the supper club on the Miracle, Nick & Nora's. I've read fabulous reviews on other sites, but only the CC reviews really matter. icon_wink.gif

We'd like to book 2 nights if possible.

Thanks!

Karen icon_cool.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

All the reviews I read on this site were that N & N's was amazing! I am tempted to make a reservation for 2 nights when I get on the ship!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

I've read all the Nick & Nora reviews on this site and about 10 others.

Has anyone on these boards actually dined at Nick & Nora's? Would love to hear about it!

Would like to hear some CC members' reviews.

Karen icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

To Madelinerose:

We didn't have a chance to dine at Nick & Nora's but BungalowBill from the boards sailed the same date (April 12) and he said it was great. Maybe he can give you more details.

kim

My husband and I were on the April 16th sailing and did eat at Nick and Nora's. We were so impressed with the whole experience. We had several people involved with serving our meal - very classy. They had someone playing the baby grand and a young girl in an evening gown singing (like something you would experience years age). We were at a table on the second level overlooking the dance area. I had the lobster tail (hugh) and my husband had the New York Strip (said it was the best he ever had). We were scheduled to eat there the next night (our last) but enjoyed our servers and tablemates that we didn't want to miss the last night. We wished we had gone their earlier in the cruise. Definately worth the extra money.

Our dinner at Nick & Nora's was nothing short of spectacular. The food and service was top notch and I'd highly recommend that it's something not to be missed - well worth the extra charge. For some reason, they kept giving us extra food and drink "compliments of the chef". We were given a pre-appetizer appetizer (cold asparagus soup for the wife and a small sushi for me). I ordered the Caesar salad since they do it tableside. The wife had a baby spinach salad. For our "regular" appetizer, I ordered the sushi (can't remember what my wife had but she liked it). This was only my second time with sushi but I thought I'd give it a try, after all, I'm on vacation! Let me tell you, IT WAS DELICIOUS. There were 5 different kinds and I loved them all. For the main course I had the porterhouse steak and the wife had a GIANT lobster tail. After dinner, we were served some kind of champagne cocktail "compliments of the chef". It was delicious. We then ordered desert which consisted of flourless chocolate cake for me and three kinds of creme brulee for my wife - EXCELLENT. Now after having eaten all that, they brought us out a tray of various chocolates, once again, "compliments of the chef". There were chocolate truffles, strawberries dipped in chococate, etc. We tried a little of each but couldn't come close to finishing it. We're not sure why we got all this extra food because we didn't see any of the other couples getting it. I think our dinner waiter had something to do with it because we ran into him earlier in the day and mentioned we were going to Nick & Nora's

Loved the Miracle 4/12/04

Great, now I'm hooked!

I'd echo everyone else's praise of Nick and Nora's. The service was over the top good, everyone in my family had a different appetizer/salad/entree...although we all ordered the flourless chocalate cake for dessert, and each person loved their entire meal. I've eaten in fine restaurants all over the world and none would beat the N/N experience.

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks, everyone! My dh is a sushi fanatic, so he'll be very pleased. We love dining in great restaurants, so Nick & Nora's sounds like the perfect place. We'll love the ambience also. Hopefully, we'll be able to book 2 nights.

Special thanks to OhioBeachBum. Kim, thanks for the BungalowBill info.

Can't wait!

Karen icon_wink.gif

Does the service charge cover the waiter's tips, or tipping on top of the $25 per person fee?

Carnival Fascination 03

NCL Star 03

RCCL Enchantment 02

Disney Wonder 02

Celebrity Century 01

Disney Magic 00

Premier Big Red Boat 99

Celebrity Meridian 91

Chandris Galelio 89

• 4 months later...

Archived