Under 18 not allowed in Hair Salon ?

airbusdrvr

Last year on Voyager my DD age 11 was really looking forward to getting her hair done in the salon for Formal Night . We were told no one under 18 was allowed in the spa even for a hair appointment . I can fully understand why no one under 18 be allowed in the spa but not allowing anyone under 18 in the hair salon is somewhat ridiculous . I'm sure the ladies at the spa have gotten a real ear full of grief from the 15-17 y/o girls .

If I remember correctly when we were on the Majesty the hair salon was not part of the spa and any age could get a hair appointment . Has anyone been given a credible reason for this rule other than "its just the rule" ?

On the Navigator, my then-13 year old niece got her hair styled in the salon. Was it the salon staff that told you this, or some other source?

And could it have been that they meant not without a guardian? It just sounds like misinformation was given to you-- I don't think any of the cruiseships make the salons/spas adults only.

I must have spoken with someone in the spa that gave out wrong information. I remember how disappointed my DD was when I told her she was not old enough to get her hair done . We will be on Mariner of the Seas next month and I'm going to get the "official" rule from rcci this week on this matter.

There's a section on the spa menu especially for teens -- somehow there's a misunderstanding. She had this done on princess last year and loved it. They even included a rhinestone hair clip as a gift for the teen.

My DD is looking forward to getting one of the teen services.

Maybe they mean without a parent or guardian.

I think they mean without a parent or guardian accompanying them. When I was on Rhapsody in December, a lady brought in her 10 year old to have her hair done for formal night while I was getting a manicure. Of course, she also let her 3 year old run havoc through the salon which didn't make me happy, but that was put to a halt real quickly by the staff.

Does anyone know if my two DDs (7 and 9) would be able to get manicures with me in the salon? It was DH's idea for the three of us to get our nails done, so I'm happy to take him up on that (I've only had two manicure's in my life)!

Think you did get the wrong information. I recently found this on Royal's web site when trying to find the age for the spa for kids.

Adults Only Teens Only! Relax and embark on new adventures at the YSPA, a program specializing in services and treatments for teens ages 13 to 17. Loosen up with YSPA's Heavenly Massages, work up a sweat with our extreme fitness classes, get a healthy glow with a self-tanning treatment, and more.

Y Care for Your Face

Acne Attack

Acne a problem? Zap it with our oxygen facial.

Fabulous Fruity Facial

Zone out with this deep cleansing facial treatment - a massage for your face using a moisturizing, organic mixture of fresh fruits

Y Care for Your Body

Heavenly Massage

Relax and live it up with our sensational Aromatherapy back massage.

Mother and Daughter Paradise Massage

You're always telling your mom to relax. Take a break together and enjoy a side-by-side massage

Father and Son Chill Out Massage

Maybe your dad is better at loosening up than you think. Chill out together and plan your next adventure while enjoying an incredible massage.

Fake Bake

You don't have to work at getting a great tan. You're on vacation remember? Enjoy a refreshing body scrub followed by a professional application of Elemis Self Tanning Cream to your face and body.

Surfers Scrub

After a day of catching waves at the beach, scaling the rock-climbing wall and serving up an amazing volleyball game, your muscles will be ready for some TLC. Revive them with YSPA's invigorating mint and sea salt scrub made with Devils Apron Seaweed fresh from the ocean

Y Care for Your Hair

Beach Babe

Treat your locks to a deep conditioning hair treatment, finished off with a French braid.

Stylin' Session

Consult with a professional stylist to design your new look. Get the cut, color and style you've been searching for.

Y Care for Your Hands and Feet

Magical Manicure

You're on vacation. Treat yourself to a manicure.

Sole Mate

After a YSPA pedicure, your socks can go back in the suitcase.

Y Care for Your Health

Fitness Frenzy

Boot camp classes. Get your blood pumping so when the right adventure comes along, you'll be ready. (Plus, you'll totally deserve to chill by the pool afterwards.)

YSPA Policies

Parental Consent

All teens must have their parents consent before receiving treatments. A parent or guardian must sign the teen's client consultation form acknowledging their consent.

Guests Under 18

All guests under the age of 18 receiving massage treatments are required to wear their bathing suits during treatments. For guests under 16 years of age, a parent or guardian must be present for treatments performed in private rooms.

Parental Supervision

All teen YSPA treatments will be performed by a female therapist. Parents are not required to be present during treatments; however, they are welcome and encouraged to attend if they choose to do so.

Restrictions

Teen guests are only allowed to receive the treatments noted on the teen/YSPA menu. No deviations from the menu are allowed. Teen guests are not permitted in the sauna or steam rooms

Fitness Frenzy Classes

All Fitness Frenzy classes will be held at the aerobics studio or a place designated by the fitness director. Only teens 16 and above may participate in the Fitness Frenzy classes.

Availability

YSPA treatments are offered at limited times. Please check the availability of treatments with the Spa Manager

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived