Insurance refund

4 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Just a heads up for anyone who has a travel insurance upgrade through a bank account. Check if you are due a refund if you have not used the account and do not have a booking. Our bank has refunded our full twelve months premium. But you have to ask. 😉 Good luck. 

Hi PC. Not sure how this works. I have Lloyds premier current acc which includes travel insurance etc, I have used the  account for general banking this past year but we haven't used the travel insurance or other available benefits. no holiday bookings in the past year (bl%%dy covid) any info appreciated.

Keep well.

Hi BJ hope you and yous are all ok. Ours is with Nationwide so don't know how yours will work. We were due to renew next month I informed them that I had not used the existing policy and didn't think I would require cover for sometime and had no bookings at the moment. They refunded our age/medical premium for the last twelve months 😉, £250, and said they would reinstate the policy when I had a booking. I would suggest you give your bank a call. Good luck 🤞 

Hi PC.

With the Lloyds prem account we pay a rolling monthly fee which gives us access to the schemes many benefits of which standard travel insurance is one. Unfortunately the travel insurance does not include pre existing medical cover and the extra cost to upgrade with them is prohibitive so I buy my cover elsewhere. it looks like it is a different type of scheme to the one that is offered to you with Nationwide.
Thanks for the heads up👍 Always worth asking the question.

Stay safe.

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Yes we had the same problems with HSBC when I reached the golden age that's why we switched to Nationwide. 

Still struggling with Tui & ABTA for our refund, apparently I have to give them 54 days🤔 for the final reply before our solicitor will engage 🙄

Just shows how loyalty is viewed by them.🤷🏻‍♂️
Keep at it PC, don’t let them win.😉

That's unfortunate as a friend of ours, my drinking partner when the pubs are open, also had a refund. The number I called was 03457 302010. Then the agent who was working from home called me back, it only took a week for the cash to hit my account. Sorry I can't be of any more help. 

Hi P

Was your upgrade/ premium nearing renewal as I,m with Nationwide pay a premium for medical conditions every year?

Although not been on holiday since my last renewal I do have one booked and when I say I have one booked its one that we have moved 2 or 3 times due to cancellation which I dont expect will go ahead either

Edited by Jim The Scot

57 minutes ago, LACB said:

Thank you everyone. I'm getting £278 back!

I love cruise critic.

That’s a good result.👍

Never doubted you for a minute PC. (You should be giving info on a commission basis)😂👍

Edited by Brummijam

6 hours ago, LACB said:

Thank you everyone. I'm getting £278 back!

I love cruise critic.

How did you change their mind?

Mrs JTS says my renewal is not due until August so a bit of a wait before I can give them a call unless I,ve holidayed by then which would be my preferred option

Edited by Jim The Scot

I phoned a second time and insisted that a manager was consulted. The young lady said that she would have a conversation with her manager, asked me to  wait and made a phone call on another line. 

She told me that her manager had agreed to a goodwill gesture. The refund was backdated to 17th. March, which was the date the government advised against travel. I was refunded for 353 days.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 11:12 AM, Pensioncruiser said:

friend of ours, my drinking partner when the pubs are open

I love that statement - it's a Covid version of  relationship -  somewhat like the  "it's complicated" relationship status on Facebook. 😄

7 hours ago, rodndonna said:

I love that statement - it's a Covid version of  relationship -  somewhat like the  "it's complicated" relationship status on Facebook. 😄

🤔 I'm probably to old to understand what you are inferring, it's just a few guy's meetings up the local for a chat as we have for many years, not at all complicated or a relationship. 

1 minute ago, Pensioncruiser said:

🤔 I'm probably to old to understand what you are inferring, it's just a few guy's meetings up the local for a chat as we have for many years, not at all complicated or a relationship. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding - not at all inferring anything.

In Facebook (which I am not on, but hear lots about) They had to invent a a category for relationships called "it's complicated" (as opposed to single, dating or married I think). 

When I read your post, I thought it is funny (although  sad as well) that Covid has changed what was just a standard definition for a relationship in our pre-Covid  lives - i.e., "a drinking buddy"  is now complicated by Covid to "my drinking partner when the pubs are open"

Hopefully, these types of  "complicated relationships"  will soon be behind us!