Nassau Snorkeling/CocoCaySnorkeling Discount

MonDreamr1

Nassau Snorkeling  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Nassau Snorkeling

• Rainbow Reef
    • Sailing & Snorkeling
    • Stingray Adventure (did StingRayCity in GC already)

On our last cruise on Majesty, they had several snorkeling excursions that if you booked one of the Seatrek snorkeling trips in Nassau you could also buy a CoCoCay Snorkel upgrade at the same time for $18. Is there a way to buy this package online? I haven't seen it listed under the RCL shore excursion purchase online options. Or is this limited to certain cruises? Limited to on board purchases only? :confused:

I did the Stingray Adventure last year. Biggest waste of money ever, especially if you've been to GC. The rays are in a fenced enclosure and you wade in with them. It was like petting zoo. The beach area was okay but the showers were very moldy.

I heard the Rainbow Reef tour was much nicer - actually takes you to a reef where you can snorkel with the fish in a natural environment.

I don't know anything about the sail & snorkel.

Okay, that confirms what I heard about the stingray adventure. So it looks like it is down the the sailing or rainbow reef.

Does anyone know anything about my orginal question about the discounted cococay snorkeling and purchasing it online?

Never been snorkeling. I've read it costs a lot for equipment rental. Just saw some nice gear at sam's for 40 bucks? Buy Or rent?

4/3/06 Majesty Trip - cocay, nassau, key west :)

Thanks Mike

We got our gear from Sam's Club and love it. It is so good to have your own gear. 1. You know who has had their mouth on it. 2. You can stop anywhere and snorkel!!!

Have a great cruise!

We did rainbow reef last Feb on the Majesty. It was ok. Saw lots of fish and coral. But there were tons and tons of people. It was really hard to get away from the crowd, and the water was very cool, so some folks didn't even stay in the water that long. I almost got kicked in the face on more than one occasion because there were so many people in the water and no one was paying attention to where they were going. There had to be at least 80 people in water all in one location.The only good thing about it was if you are not experienced in snorkeling there was a guy in the water wearing a wetsuit with a rope ties to the catamaran ready to help you out if you got into trouble. And you had to wear the inflatable vest which made it almost impossible to dive down for a closer look at stuff.

Personally, I prefer the smaller snorkeling trips with fewer people. These are more enjoyable.

We're going on the Majesty again in a few weeks, but going to skip the snorkeling this time.

Archived