NYC - Subway to Randall's Island Park???

05mak05

First of all, I want to say that all of the information in the postings about NYC has been so helpful in planning our trip. We purchased tickets for Cirque De Soleil "Corteco" which is playing in June at Randall's Island Park. We are staying at the Hilton "Garden Inn" and are planning to

take the Subway. How much time should we allow for the Subway and then the bus transfer? (Or should we try to get a cab from the end of the Subway to the show?) And, we are also going to the Statue of Liberty. How long will it take us to get from the Hilton "Garden Inn" to catch the first ferry

of the morning leaving at 9:45am? And, is there a place for a quick breakfast once we get to the ferry area? This is a budget trip with 2 teenagers, 2 are 30-ish, and 2 in their mid-60's. Tips for good quick, inexpensive to moderately priced meals are also appreciated.

Unfortunately there is not a subway to Randall's Island. Most people take a special ferry that is set up by NY Waterways for the duration of the show. The ferry runs from I think 96th Street and the East River (Upper East Side) across the East River to Randall's Island.

I am not sure where your hotel is -- cross streets?

I really do appreciate your response to this question! We thought we could ride the Subway to 125th, get off and either find a taxi or ride the bus across the bridge. Our hotel is at 8th and 48th. I've tried an Internet Search to find info on calling NY Waterways but nothing pops up. Any suggestions as to how we can get specific information?

BUS

From Manhattan:

Take the 4, 5, or 6 train or Metro-North to 125th St., then transfer upstairs to the X80 Express Bus (NW corner of 125th St. and Lexington Ave.), which runs non-stop to Randall's Island. A $5 round-trip fare is collected en route to the Island. If you transfer from the subway or bus with your Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard, only $3 is deducted. Paper Bus Transfers and Dollar Bills are not accepted. For more information, log onto www.mta.info.

FERRY

Round-trip ferry service will be available from departure points in Manhattan and Queens. To make reservations, for ticket costs and full departure schedule, log on to www.nywaterway.com or call 1-800-53-FERRY.

There is no need to actually go to the Statue of Liberty. Instead ride the free Staten Island Ferry for the best views of the statue, the Brooklyn Bridge and of lower Manhattan.

Ride the ferry at dusk to see the statue and lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge light up.

Sorry to bother you but on your millennium thread you answered my post about a guide in Rome. Was the Vincent you recommended a heavy set guy with Claudio of limoinrome. Please let me know if it was and if you would recommend him. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I apologize!!! I have just now pulled up this link and noticed your question. Yes, Vincent was heavy set & with Claudio/Limoinrome. He was prompt, polite, a good driver, accomodating, and very good company. We were very impressed and would not hesitate to use him again. I think out of the 12 ports on this cruise, Rome was my favorite. Since it was Sunday, many tourists missed some of the main sites but Vincent knew how to work around this & we didn't miss a thing! http://limoinrome.com/

NYCNY - I didn't get an instant notification of your reply to my posting either so I also owe you an apology! What a relief to know that a ferry will be run to Randall's Island. This morning, I decided to pull up this thread and was really excited to see the information you posted. I immediately bought 6 ferry tickets for the Cirque "Corteco" show. My confirmation says to pick them up at "Will Call" at the venue which I assume means that there is a will call at the Ferry Station. (This is our first ferry trip in NYC and clueless.)

We switched hotels from the Hilton "Garden Inn" at Times Square to Embassy Suites in the Financial District. We're told there is a ferry at the backdoor of Embassy Suites so I'll call to see if we can get to the 34th Street station by water.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived