Voyager Class Sunbathing?

There are many people on a voyager class ship, so if you plan on being by the pool when everyone else is planning on being by the pool, be prepared to search for an unoccupied deck chair. One thing you can do to have peace and quiet by the pool is use the time while the ship is at port to lay by the pool. Most of the people leave the ship while it is at port, so the pool area is fairly empty.

When I sailed an eastern caribbean itinerary on Explorer of the Seas, I would leave the ship when it pulled into port and explore the town, and then head back to the ship for lunch (or head back to the ship in the early/late afternoon) before everyone else got back, that way I had quiet time by the pool.

Remember, you have the solarium pool too!

Deck 11 (Lido) is always a nightmare

There is an area above the sun bar, (Above deck 12) Between the two pools that is really nice and actually really unused!

Scott

Thanks, an unused portion of Sun drenched deck space is high on my priority list

The ships are the same layout, so the directions above apply. I found the solarium on Explorer to be packed almost all of the time, so I hope you have better luck! No matter where you sun, remember to have flip-flops/sandals handy. You could grill meat on the deck from 11am-3pm most days--and your poor toes are technically meat, so.....

Archived